New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ax30g View Post
    Baka after mo mabasa yung Rio thread magbago isip mo
    alam ko na yan... knocking ek ek.. paranoid lang sila... kung yung knocking eh sing lakas ng katok ng 4JA1 mag woworry pa ako.. pero based sa mga reports puro occassional lang which happens to all gas engines from time to time... wala naman sila data ng knocking eh.. yung data from knock sensors ha... puro tenga sensor lang gamit nila...

gas engines today have higher compression ratio, lalo na brandnew.. kalakasan ng compression nyan

baka nga exhaust cover lang yung nadinig nila or valve tappets...kasi kung knocking talaga ang lakas nun

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    alam ko na yan... knocking ek ek.. paranoid lang sila... kung yung knocking eh sing lakas ng katok ng 4JA1 mag woworry pa ako.. pero based sa mga reports puro occassional lang which happens to all gas engines from time to time... wala naman sila data ng knocking eh.. yung data from knock sensors ha... puro tenga sensor lang gamit nila...

gas engines today have higher compression ratio, lalo na brandnew.. kalakasan ng compression nyan

baka nga exhaust cover lang yung nadinig nila or valve tappets...kasi kung knocking talaga ang lakas nun
    Im not talking about the knocking issue, im talking about the FC issue.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPrince View Post
    Folks, need your inputs please? Your thoughts if you had the chance now to buy one of these as a second car? Thanks in advance.
    Design - would depend on your taste actually. I like the look of the Honda Jazz 1.5V (RS). Too many Fiestas are running around lately. The Jazz 1.5V will give you a more exclusivity feel since it had only been sold for less than a year due to supply issues.
    Price - The Fiesta is cheaper if your going for the Fiesta S but if your going for the Sport Plus, same price lang sila. The Fiesta has lots of Tech Toys
    FC - Relatively the Same. if one has the advantage, it is very minimal.
    Space - Honda Jazz. Fiesta can only fit 3 normal size people in the rear seats. Jazz can accommodate 4. You can also fit in 3 balikbayan boxes.

It really boils down on what you need. Best to Test drive both and see which feels better for you. Either way, both Cars are the best in their category. Should you decide on the Jazz, there might be some issues with the supply so you should be willing to wait.

Good luck!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    *yapoy: what's your basis for saying that rio is a keeper? I' ve seen the hatch 1.4 price is almost equal to that of fiesta 1.6 and jazz 1.5, which tells why would i settle for a 1.4 when i can get 1.6? Though rio hatch's design is really compelling, i llke the oem mags best among fiesta and jazz. But im still not convince that choosing rio over fiesta or jazz is more practical.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    If you're looking for a car with great handling talaga, go for the.... SWIFT! haha.

But for me, practicality wise, iba talaga ang Jazz. Hindi rin naman naiiwan in terms of looks.

Nagstick sa isip ko dati i was driving down SLEX ng gabi, tapos may 2 na turbo Jazzes na nagkakarera... ganda ng dating eh.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by TholitzReloaded View Post
    *yapoy: what's your basis for saying that rio is a keeper? I' ve seen the hatch 1.4 price is almost equal to that of fiesta 1.6 and jazz 1.5, which tells why would i settle for a 1.4 when i can get 1.6? Though rio hatch's design is really compelling, i llke the oem mags best among fiesta and jazz. But im still not convince that choosing rio over fiesta or jazz is more practical.
    keeper sya for its design... matagal maluluma yan ganyan.. like mazda 3 kahit sobrang tagal na.. still maganda pa din ang looks compared sa mga kasabayan nya nung ni release ang mazda 3...

sa engine naman, sa technology ngayon small engines can rival the power of 1.6 engines.. look at sta fe 2.2 CRDi engine, mas malakas pa yan sa 3.0 D4D... tsaka maliit lang naman yang increments... 1.4, 1.5, 1.6..... 0.1 difference lang... kung 1.4 vs 2.0 pa siguro... nag settle nga yung iba sa 1.3 eh...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    personal preference IMHO. Almost dead tie to me but i'd still go for the Jazz because of the space and the resale value.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    ito naging choices namin nun bumili kami ng subcompact HB.. Fiesta Sports, Jazz 1.5V and Rio HB

ended up Rio HB

reasons
    - mas bago
    - more toys
    - IMO mas sulit siya kahit 1.4 engine
    - mas gwapo talaga compare sa fiesta and jazz (subjective)

2nd choice namin nun Jazz pero masyadong namamahalan na kami dahil yun JDM yun meron that time which is konte nalang elantra 1.8 na.

and lastly fiesta, ok din sana ito tas value for money rin. pero nagkataon lang talagang last choice namin ito hehehe! pero kung ito man nabili namin, tingin ko no regrets parin.

at pag bumibili kami ng sasakyan never namin inisip resale value kasi aabot sigurado ng 6 o 7 years hehehe
    Last edited by c_cube; June 28th, 2012 at 10:47 AM.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I haven't test driven the Rio, but I am willing to bet the Fiesta would still be more fun to drive than the Rio. While the Koreans have done a lot in terms of quality, they are still not there when it comes to FUN TO DRIVE factor. The Fiesta is German design, so fun to drive is a given! And who can forget the Jeremy Clarkson test of the Fiesta driving it inside a mall and in a beach hahaha...

As for the Jazz, I would get this if its your only car. Seeing you have an Innova I would choose the FoFi.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    And skip the Sport Plus, just get the regular Sport. IMO the Sport Plus is not worth it...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2012 Ford fiesta Hatch 1.6 Sport Plus vs. 2012 Honda jazz 1.5?