New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    which of the three do you think is the winner interms of:

1. driving comfort
    2. fuel consumption
    3. easy to maintain (madali hanapin ang mga parts)
    4. value for money
    5. guapo

tia

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I'd go for the Elantra.... Price is approx P940K for the 1.8S variant...

13.9K:mop:

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Driving comfort - perhaps, Elantra
    Fuel - City
    Parts supply - City/Civic (by virtue of being out on the market longer)
    Value for money - Elantra
    Guapo - Elantra (by virtue of nobody having one yet) / Civic (mas "angat" ang compacts)

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I've just concluded my own canvassing and went ahead with a 1.8gls elantra

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Driving Comfort - Elantra
    Fuel - Elantra (New City isnt as efficient as old CVT City)
    Parts - Civic since pinakamatagal na sya sa PH
    Value for Money - Elantra
    Pogi Points - Elantra since di pa sya palasak ...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    What color of the 1.8 elantra did you get? I feel na parang limited ata masyado color options nya..

I would still get a City instead of a Civic because it's better balanced between fuel consumption, internal space and luggage capacity. Maybe could consider to get the Elantra, but since Honda still has a "prestige" aura I would get the City...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jrjuan View Post
    What color of the 1.8 elantra did you get? I feel na parang limited ata masyado color options nya..
    I picked the Clean Blue . . . on consideration na madali siyang i-maintain . . .

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Magkahawig dun sa kulay blue ng Civic ah! In fact magkahawig talaga ang itsura ng dalawa dun sa 2nd pic. Very nice car indeed sir! What do you think of its performance and gas mileage as compared to the Civic 1.8S?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I'd say go for the car that suits your budget and your needs.

Either way, these are all Econoboxes . . . if you're after prestige, start with a Subaru Impreza for a 1M budget, or a Camry for a 1.5M budget. Anything goes beyond that.

5 years ago, I bought a Honda City because I'm so eager to get a "prestigious" Honda, but at that time, Civic has a 3 months waiting time so I ended up with the 1.5VTEC CVT City. It was very fuel efficient and at the moment, I'm satisfied. However, I had an additional kid the next year so I need an additional car that is bigger pero Pasok sa Budget . . . so I ended up with a Tucson.

Since fuel efficient si City, it ended up as a daily driver and reached 110t KM in 4 years. . . then the high maintenance cost became an issue . . . ang mamahal ng replacement part so I sold the city for P350K (which I bought brand new for P732K)

I also tried the new City and Jazz pero medyo mahal sila for a sub-compact . . . Additionally, one of my colleague own a 1.3City and another colleague own a 1.3Jazz . . . although they both can do 16KM/L on SCTEX, they are just as mediocre as any other car in city Driving (6.5 to 7 KM/L). Di na kasing efficient ng CVT generation.

Either I'm getting old, or I'm no longer conscious about pogi points . . . rather about form and function . . . hence, I ended up with the Elantra . . .

At the end of the day, both Honda, Hyundai, Toyota, and Mitsubishi are not perfect brand . . . in a way, some are better than the other . . . pero these are the four brands i would choose from, when considering an econobox . . . pare-parehong acceptable as compared to the other brands . . . it all boils down to budget and individual preferences

Peace :-)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
2011 Honda City 1.5E vs Honda Civic 1.8S vs Hyundai Elantra 1.8 GLS