New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Hi. First time poster here and I'm hoping I can get a bit of help from the knowledgeable Tsikot community. Long time reader na po pero 1st post lang.

I'm planning to get a new SUV. I was almost sold on the Hyundai Tucson GL 2.0L AT. I was given a nice quote. SRP is 1,038M and I'm getting it on 20%DP and 3 years financing.

However, I got this offer that gave me a dilemma.

A friend who owns a car dealership acquired a 2010 Sorento 2.2L AT 5 seater and he's offering it to me at 1M flat. I can also finance it for 3 years. Its mileage is at 27000 and seems to be in pretty good condition. Question now is which one is a better buy?

I'm thinking of the following factors in the decision making process:

1. Fuel consumption differential.
    2. Rate of depreciation/resale value in 5 years.
    3. Overall performance/experience.

Thank you guys in advance!!!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Sorento na! 2.2R e-VGT means better FC, higher resale and much, much better performance than the gasoline-powered Tucson. 1M flat is pretty cheap for a Sorento, especially if it really is in good condition. But 27000kms is a tad high, don't you think.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Yeah, 27000 is a little high. It might explain the lower than usual price. Both use gas, so either way magastos din hehe. Thanks for the advice, sir!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by markvlla21 View Post
    Hi. First time poster here and I'm hoping I can get a bit of help from the knowledgeable Tsikot community. Long time reader na po pero 1st post lang.

I'm planning to get a new SUV. I was almost sold on the Hyundai Tucson GL 2.0L AT. I was given a nice quote. SRP is 1,038M and I'm getting it on 20%DP and 3 years financing.

However, I got this offer that gave me a dilemma.

A friend who owns a car dealership acquired a 2010 Sorento 2.2L AT 5 seater and he's offering it to me at 1M flat. I can also finance it for 3 years. Its mileage is at 27000 and seems to be in pretty good condition. Question now is which one is a better buy?

I'm thinking of the following factors in the decision making process:

1. Fuel consumption differential.
    2. Rate of depreciation/resale value in 5 years.
    3. Overall performance/experience.

Thank you guys in advance!!!
    magsorento ka na sir. LX ba sir or EX?

Sorento na! 2.2R e-VGT means better FC, higher resale and much, much better performance than the gasoline-powered Tucson. 1M flat is pretty cheap for a Sorento, especially if it really is in good condition. But 27000kms is a tad high, don't you think.
    maybe kaya mura yung sorento kasi baka naaquire niya yan nung Pre-selling days which is less 300k for the 5-seater variants. lumalabas 1.295M for LX and 1.395M for EX R-eVGT models.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Sir LX po yung sorento. 2.2L na gas. Actually that was the concern, baka maging guzzler pag tumagal, affecting the resale value. Of course, that was just a possibility na naisip ko. You guys would know better po

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchet23 View Post
    magsorento ka na sir. LX ba sir or EX?

maybe kaya mura yung sorento kasi baka naaquire niya yan nung Pre-selling days which is less 300k for the 5-seater variants. lumalabas 1.295M for LX and 1.395M for EX R-eVGT models.
    Sir, please enlighten me about what you meant by pre-selling days. Thanks!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Sir LX po yung sorento. 2.2L na gas. Actually that was the concern, baka maging guzzler pag tumagal, affecting the resale value. Of course, that was just a possibility na naisip ko. You guys would know better po
    The Sorento 2.2 liter is a diesel engine. Better fuel economy.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Kung 2.2 CRDi R-eVGT yung Sorento, kahit pa LX lang, dun ka na. Medyo mataas nga yung mileage pero ok lang yan (Yung SF namin 1 year palang 28K na mileage). Bawi ka parin sa lakas ng makina nyan at tipid sa crudo.

2.2 liter yung diesel, 2.4 liter yung gas. Alin ba talaga?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Kung 2.2 CRDi R-eVGT yung Sorento, kahit pa LX lang, dun ka na. Medyo mataas nga yung mileage pero ok lang yan (Yung SF namin 1 year palang 28K na mileage). Bawi ka parin sa lakas ng makina nyan at tipid sa crudo.

2.2 liter yung diesel, 2.4 liter yung gas. Alin ba talaga?

Ehehe sensya na sir. Gas po sya and lowest trim na matic ng 2010 Sorento, so I assumed it was the 2.2.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Ehehe sensya na sir. Gas po sya and lowest trim na matic ng 2010 Sorento, so I assumed it was the 2.2.
    Ah. So 2.4L gas pala.

Wag mo na kunin. Mas malakas yan sa Tucson.. E' 5 seater lang din naman so walang advantage..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
2010 Sorento or 2012 Tucson?