New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sir need your opinions my wife will be using the car. pinaka consideration namin is fuel pinakamatipid second is madali drive and reliable despite the age . 1st tme driver wifey...automatic lahat variants. I've checked on the net halos parehas price nila ang malaking question ko kasi sa picanto reliability and parts plus bka malakas din sa gas kahit 1.1 ung friend kasi namin naka i10 1.2 a/t sobrang lakas gas 7km/l for a small car. need your opinions tnx

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Safest choice is to get the Corolla. Napaka-reliable niyan. Our neighbor has a 1998 GLi A/T at 185tkms and a family friend with a 2001 GLi A/T with 170tkms. Both are still going strong. FC is not that bad either. Engine performance between the GLi and the Civic LXi should be pretty similar with the Civic having the advantage in terms of handling and tuning potential (which you would probably choose not to tap into anyway) but the GLi wins in the features department (ABS, dual airbags), and obviously also the maintenance department.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    my vote goes for the Picanto, same power features have and it is halfway newer than the GLi's and LXi's. Don't worry about the fuel consumption of the late model A/T Picanto, it is fuel-efficient too when drive conservatively (mas ok talaga ang M/T, the M/T do great on both hi-way and traffic jam), the fuel efficiency figures of an A/T is just like comparable to an average consumption of a Toyota Vios. Thought for 1.1 category is should be more efficient than a 1.3 engine. Matipid din yan, kaso yun nga kasing tipid niya yung 1.3 subcompact sedan on other way dapat mas matipid pa kasi 1.1 nga lang displacement niya. Ok na rin. According to my observation.

2008 7 picanto vs 99-2000 civic lxi vs gli corolla 98-2000