New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    For 500k, you're now looking at the newer model of the Mazda6 2.5L (2009-2012). It has grown bigger over the sleeker, more compact-size 2006-2008 2.3L model but it's more refined. I think Niky posted something regarding the comparison of both models.

Kunting pasensya at baka biglang may sumulpot sa mga online ads dyan na good-deal na 2006-2008 Mazda6. Early this year, I was helping out a golf buddie look for a car and we found online this white Mazda6 in Makati selling for 400k. It looked stock but it had a lot of upgrades (coilovers, Cosworth intake, Hotpipes, piggyback chip). The owner listed its whp at 200hp and even mentioned the car was featured in a local car magazine. My golf buddie refused as he finds midsizers as daddy cars. He was more looking for a Civic FD/FB.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I tried contacting all the Mz6 sellers in Sulit and AyosDito and walang nagrereply (except for one selling a white unit but with 18" BBS copy rims). Eh ayoko yung hindi stock tapos wala na daw sa kanya stock rims niya so no thanks nalang.
    If the car is in good shape, I guess this will be fine. The rims & tires are some of the easiest components to replace. You can always sell those and get your choice of 17's with stock size tires. The 2006-2008 Mazda6 came stock with those multi-spoke 17s with 225/45/R17 tires (Bridgestone Potenza, I read from old reviews).

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    For 500k, you're now looking at the newer model of the Mazda6 2.5L (2009-2012). It has grown bigger over the sleeker, more compact-size 2006-2008 2.3L model but it's more refined. I think Niky posted something regarding the comparison of both models.
    Ihink that the pre-facelift 2.5 looks uglier than the 2.3, while the facelifted 2.5 (2011 and up) is still too expensive for me. Actually in general, the 2.5's have ridiculously high asking prices compared to Accords and Camries. But yeah I read from Niky sometime before that the 2.5 is more refined, but there's something about the first gen Mz6 that feels more in tune with my personality - more agile, more rev-happy, not too mushy. I also think it's more timeless than the second gen.

My golf buddie refused as he finds midsizers as daddy cars. He was more looking for a Civic FD/FB.
    Baliktad kami ng golf buddy mo bro. I guess I got sick of the FD because it was the most common car driven by students back in college. And hindi naman mukhang tatay yung 6 because it's not as fat and chunky as a Camry or Accord, but has the same level of features and almost the same amount of space. Most importantly, its driving dynamics are closer to a BMW than any other midsizer. And hindi pa naman ako mukhang tatay

If the car is in good shape, I guess this will be fine. The rims & tires are some of the easiest components to replace. You can always sell those and get your choice of 17's with stock size tires. The 2006-2008 Mazda6 came stock with those multi-spoke 17s with 225/45/R17 tires (Bridgestone Potenza, I read from old reviews).
    I thought about this bro but considering the rarity of the Mz6, it might be hard to find stock rims for it, especially with the superb Potenza tires (most likely if I find a set in Evangelista it'll have some crappy Westlake tires).

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Baliktad kami ng golf buddy mo bro. I guess I got sick of the FD because it was the most common car driven by students back in college. And hindi naman mukhang tatay yung 6 because it's not as fat and chunky as a Camry or Accord, but has the same level of features and almost the same amount of space. Most importantly, its driving dynamics are closer to a BMW than any other midsizer. And hindi pa naman ako mukhang tatay
    Yep, very common nga yung FD. You'd even have a hard time distinguishing the 2.0L models against the 1.8L models though I find most 2.0L FD owners keep their cars stock. If I were to choose, I'd still pick the Mazda6 over a Civic FD for the same price.

I thought about this bro but considering the rarity of the Mz6, it might be hard to find stock rims for it, especially with the superb Potenza tires (most likely if I find a set in Evangelista it'll have some crappy Westlake tires).
    You will have a hard time looking for stock rims for the Mazda6 but you may chance upon them in some buy&sell shops. You can always look for something similar or more refined-looking aftermarket rims. Get a used but decent set of 17s from folks who are always changing rims and selling them cheap then put on some grippy tires or performance-oriented touring tires. 18" rims will be fine with the Mazda6 as I have seen some with 19" rims on them. Most modern midsize cars have very good suspension and can easily handle bigger rim sizes without compromising its comfortable ride.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    too juvenile
    Well... the Mazda6 looks a bit more dignified... but if you're looking at the 2.3, it's the definition of juvenile to drive... very meaty and responsive steering (one of the few modern cars as good as my Lynx) and the sound insulation feels minimal... it's a bit noisy inside, even compared to the Civic.

----

Then again... reading your post right above, seems that's what you like.

The 2.5, it's a bit more refined... but that one is also rather... juvenile... even more rev-happy... much quicker... handling is just as good. Steering is... unfortunately... electric... but it's one of the better electric racks of that generation, and not really all that bad. It's just the 2.3 has better steering. But the 2.5 is a better car, overall. Feels and drives a lot like a BMW 3-series of the same era (granted, the BMW has more snob appeal and a more solid build, but get a low-end trim, and the Mazda6 is just more luxurious and more fun to drive).

-

Shame the previous gen 2.5 facelift is still expensive secondhand... that's an absolutely great car.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Well... the Mazda6 looks a bit more dignified... but if you're looking at the 2.3, it's the definition of juvenile to drive... very meaty and responsive steering (one of the few modern cars as good as my Lynx) and the sound insulation feels minimal... it's a bit noisy inside, even compared to the Civic.

----

Then again... reading your post right above, seems that's what you like.

The 2.5, it's a bit more refined... but that one is also rather... juvenile... even more rev-happy... much quicker... handling is just as good. Steering is... unfortunately... electric... but it's one of the better electric racks of that generation, and not really all that bad. It's just the 2.3 has better steering. But the 2.5 is a better car, overall. Feels and drives a lot like a BMW 3-series of the same era (granted, the BMW has more snob appeal and a more solid build, but get a low-end trim, and the Mazda6 is just more luxurious and more fun to drive).

-

Shame the previous gen 2.5 facelift is still expensive secondhand... that's an absolutely great car.
    Your observations are spot on, Niky. The 2.5 is more grown up than the 2.3 and I'm looking for something more raw to drive. Plus the fact that the facelifted 2.5 costs twice as much as the 2.3.

I guess I wasn't very clear, I want something that looks a bit grown up but still loved to be hooned around.

The Civic handles lovely and is quick but is too pedestrian already. It's as unique as a Vios.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Accord 3.0V6 ayaw? Halos pareho ang resale value sa 2.4 and only 1km/L less in FC as compared to the 2.4! Hehe~ :D You get cruise control, sunroof and VSA.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Accord 3.0V6 ayaw? Halos pareho ang resale value sa 2.4 and only 1km/L less in FC as compared to the 2.4! Hehe~ :D You get cruise control, sunroof and VSA.

1 km/L nga lang ba? The 7th gen didn't have VCM yet IIRC and 5AT lang.

Anyway, even if we assume that the V6 gets 5 km/L while the 2.3 gets 6 km/L, that's still an additional 20% consumption. I'm already pushing myself beyond my benchmark 7.5 km/L (Civic 1.8 FC) with the Mz6 so stretch talaga masyado yung V6.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post

I have read that the 7th gen K24 Accord was more fuel efficient than the older 6th gen F23. It is the 7th gen K20 which has higher FC. My neighbor who has a stock 8th gen K24 Accord said he can do 7 km/L on the usual Sucat-Makati route, and the 8th gen is way bigger than the 6th gen.

It would be great if you can get 7-8 km/L on the 2.3L Mazda6 but it's possible that you will be doing only around 6-7 km/L.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I'm expecting just around 6 km/L for the Mz6. Our old 2.0 Altis only did 6.5-7 km/L in city driving, 7.5 with a light foot and light traffic..

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Which 2-liter Car to Buy?