New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Hi Tsikoteers,

Which of these 3 cars is better for a new car owner (1.3 Yaris AT vs 1.3 Vios E AT vs 1.2 Mirage G4 GLS CVT). Usage will mainly be city driving and occasional province errands with 2-3 passengers (driver included). Boot space is also for consideration just in case needed. Main considerations will be:

- build quality
    - comfort
    - driveability
    - fuel efficiency
    - reliability

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Tossup between the Twoyotas. The Mirage bottoms out easily with two passengers in the back. It's more fuel efficient than the Vios/Yaris though.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Toyota Vios or Honda City.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Albastru View Post
    Hi Tsikoteers,

Which of these 3 cars is better for a new car owner (1.3 Yaris AT vs 1.3 Vios E AT vs 1.2 Mirage G4 GLS CVT). Usage will mainly be city driving and occasional province errands with 2-3 passengers (driver included). Boot space is also for consideration just in case needed. Main considerations will be:

- build quality
    - comfort
    - driveability
    - fuel efficiency
    - reliability

Thanks!
    Based on your needs.. ok na ang G4 GLS CVT - rate 1 to 10 (10 is highest)

- build quality - 7
    - comfort - 8
    - driveability - 8
    - fuel efficiency - 10
    - reliability - 7

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    we're on the same dilemma, though i prefer the manual versions of the cars. i trust toyota for years, owning 4 toyotas before (2 still with us) and still working well (with the proper maintenance). right now i'm leaning towards the mitsubishi g4 because it has the value-for-money features: ABS+EBD, Auto climate control, Push start button, touch screen entertainment system, and airbags not to mention its fuel economy, though i dont like much the design compared to the new vios/yaris.

for practical reasons, i would go for the G4 in terms of maintainance and price (almost 100k cheaper) plus they have promo now that you can get atleast 30-40k cash discount and 55k worth of freebies (mostly of bodykits), and they offer 5years / 100k kms. warranty (probably because the mirage has to prove if it will last long.hehe)

but if you plan to keep the vehicle for years (let's say more than 5 years), i would still go for the toyotas because it's proven to last long specially the vios/yaris models. and maybe after 5 years, their resale value will drop and probably there will be a new car that might be better than your old one. :D

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    ^^^ That promo ended already.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Vios for me... Can't go wrong with a Toyota plus the engine is more powerful than the mirage.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    why cant i post my message?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ImToni View Post
    but you just did! heh heh.

so what do the prompts say?
    if it says that your message is too short, then you may have put your message inside the message you were going to react to.. the computer reads such as having no message at all.. hence the "too short".

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ImToni View Post
    ^
    Yun nga din sana sasabihin ko. Nakapagpost ka na naman ng message ah. Siguro nasa slow internet connection na din? Akala mo lang siguro hindi nagpopost.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast