New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Good Day,

Kamusta na? I'm planning to buy a car. Ito ang choice ko the '05 Corolla XL or '05 Vios J. The '05 model Corolla XL is the last production before releasing the Vios J, Carb type vs Fuel Injected. Your thoughts mga fellow tsikot. In terms of maintenance. A 1.3 Engine is a really fuel efficient pero sino sa dalawa ang tipid sa gas? (Carbruetor or EFi).

Thanks and God Bless.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by drich_enriquez View Post
    Good Day,

Kamusta na? I'm planning to buy a car. Ito ang choice ko the '05 Corolla XL or '05 Vios J. The '05 model Corolla XL is the last production before releasing the Vios J, Carb type vs Fuel Injected. Your thoughts mga fellow tsikot. In terms of maintenance. A 1.3 Engine is a really fuel efficient pero sino sa dalawa ang tipid sa gas? (Carbruetor or EFi).

Thanks and God Bless.
    it is my belief (and experience) that EFIs are more trouble-free and maintenance-free than carburetors. EFIs more fuel-efficient? i'm not so sure..
    but i do miss playing with the carbs...
    Last edited by dr. d; November 30th, 2013 at 09:10 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Go for the Vios. Better power and more consistent fuel efficiency as long as it's maintained properly.

On carb engines (since i still have one in the garage):
    - it's getting harder to find good mechanics/shops with the patience to repair carburetors
    - it requires more tuning as things such as a dirty air filter, change in air temperature and air pressure affects performance

4. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Go for the Vios. Better power and more consistent fuel efficiency as long as it's maintained properly.

On carb engines (since i still have one in the garage):
    - it's getting harder to find good mechanics/shops with the patience to repair carburetors
    - it requires more tuning as things such as a dirty air filter, change in air temperature and air pressure affects performance

I agree with you sir, although carburetors were easily to maintain back in the day, its now harder for ordinary to fix them because they are nearing extinction or obsolete as techies would say.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Get the Vios, malakas na rin sa gas yung 2E Corolla pag luma na. Had a 2000 Corolla XE before as my company service, minsan nasa 6km/l ang consumption nun. Used that car from 2010 till last June when my service was replaced with a 2005 Altis J, kahit pa 1600cc yung Altis, mas matipid pa rin sya kesa dun sa lumang XE na gamit ko dati.