Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 05 Honda Civic VTI-S 1.6 -or- 06 Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6E?

  1. #1
    Tsikot Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pasig
    Posts
    8

    Question 05 Honda Civic VTI-S 1.6 -or- 06 Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6E?

    Can't decide which to buy between this two. Help me decide guys!

    Which is the better choice in terms of fuel efficiency, durability, performance, resale value (planning to buy SUV in a couple of years), and maintenance? Sa porma obvious naman (civic) kaya wag na yun. hehe.

    TIA!
    ADVERTISEMENTS

  2. #2
    mda
    mda is online now
    Tsikot Member Rank 4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,737

    Default Re: 05 Honda Civic VTI-S 1.6 -or- 06 Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6E?

    Fuel efficiency will probably go to the Corolla.

    Pero yung Altis 1.6 na yan may known issue with engine sludging.

    The VTI-S naman however has saftey features that the Corolla may not have (passenger airbag for one).

    Durability for a 2nd hand vehicle between T & H will just probably go down to as to which car has been maintained better.

    I think in terms of resale, halos papareho lang din yan come time to sell the car...

  3. #3
    nihil timendum est. blitz122805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    QC
    Posts
    187

    Default Re: 05 Honda Civic VTI-S 1.6 -or- 06 Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6E?

    Civic for me

  4. #4
    Tsikot Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pasig
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: 05 Honda Civic VTI-S 1.6 -or- 06 Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6E?

    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Fuel efficiency will probably go to the Corolla.

    Pero yung Altis 1.6 na yan may known issue with engine sludging.

    The VTI-S naman however has saftey features that the Corolla may not have (passenger airbag for one).

    Durability for a 2nd hand vehicle between T & H will just probably go down to as to which car has been maintained better.

    I think in terms of resale, halos papareho lang din yan come time to sell the car...
    Thanks sa reply sir. I've just read about the engine sludging problem of toyota. I learned that this can be prevented by decreasing the time interval of changing the oil (say, every 4000m instread of the recommended 5000m by toyota). Granted I do this, would that make the Altis the better pick for you?

    Overall, which do you prefer?

    Thanks!

  5. #5
    GTi
    GTi is offline
    Tsikot Member Rank 5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    QC
    Posts
    4,375

    Default Re: 05 Honda Civic VTI-S 1.6 -or- 06 Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6E?

    Are you getting the M/T or A/T? I will still be getting the Civic. As both have 1.6 engines, the Civic is significantly more powerful (130ps versus 116ps of the Altis). In fact that figure is still a very respectable figure among 1.6L cars of today. In fact only few have been able to reach this mark (like the new Elantra 1.6DCVVT). I also prefer the looks of the Civic. And since, you're getting the VTi-S variant (top of the line 1.6 variant of the Civic) as compared to the 1.6E variant (midrange 1.6L variant of the Altis), there is definitely more features in the Civic.

  6. #6
    Tsikot Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pasig
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: 05 Honda Civic VTI-S 1.6 -or- 06 Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6E?

    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Are you getting the M/T or A/T? I will still be getting the Civic. As both have 1.6 engines, the Civic is significantly more powerful (130ps versus 116ps of the Altis). In fact that figure is still a very respectable figure among 1.6L cars of today. In fact only few have been able to reach this mark (like the new Elantra 1.6DCVVT). I also prefer the looks of the Civic. And since, you're getting the VTi-S variant (top of the line 1.6 variant of the Civic) as compared to the 1.6E variant (midrange 1.6L variant of the Altis), there is definitely more features in the Civic.
    Absolutely agree with you, sir. Guess I just needed validations for my choice. hehe. I'm getting the M/T variant btw, sacrificing comfort for speed and economy. I was able to test drive an Altis yesterday and a Civic this morning. Altis was pretty decent and smooth -- satisfying enough. But the feeling of driving a Civic was more than satisfying; it was exhilarating!

    Ergo, I'm getting a CIVIC!


    Unless may violent reaction jan..haha

  7. #7
    Tsikot Member Rank 2 ans_lim168's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Mandaluyong City
    Posts
    1,375

    Default Re: 05 Honda Civic VTI-S 1.6 -or- 06 Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6E?

    Quote Originally Posted by MusCorleone View Post
    Absolutely agree with you, sir. Guess I just needed validations for my choice. hehe. I'm getting the M/T variant btw, sacrificing comfort for speed and economy. I was able to test drive an Altis yesterday and a Civic this morning. Altis was pretty decent and smooth -- satisfying enough. But the feeling of driving a Civic was more than satisfying; it was exhilarating!

    Ergo, I'm getting a CIVIC!


    Unless may violent reaction jan..haha
    In terms of the 2 cars that came out during that time ..... Comfort and style the Civic is the better choice ..... Good luck with your new car.

  8. #8
    twoyotas renzo_d10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sin City
    Posts
    21,692

    Default Re: 05 Honda Civic VTI-S 1.6 -or- 06 Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6E?

    Civic. The Altis is pretty cramped for me, talking about the rear legroom here.

  9. #9
    Tsikot Member Rank 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    500

    Default Re: 05 Honda Civic VTI-S 1.6 -or- 06 Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6E?

    I has an Altis 1.8G and here were my issues

    1. Really difficult to close the rear trunk. Brought it back to the dealer and they couldnt solve it
    2. Shocks wala pang 1 year had to replace it via warranty
    3. Space medyo nasisikipan ako, i find my jazz to be more spacious

    Wha i like is that its really cheap to maintain

  10. #10
    Tsikot Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pasig
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: 05 Honda Civic VTI-S 1.6 -or- 06 Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6E?

    thanks sirs for the input! any other opinions?

ADVERTISEMENTS

Receive Latest Cars For Sale Alerts via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tsikot Car Finder Latest Car Listings
Thousands of Tsikoteers see these ads everyday. Get better results with your car ads. Post your cars for sale at Tsikot Car Finder now!


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •