New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Hi,

Im looking for a 2nd hand car that would serve as a weekend car for a family of 5.

I have a very limited budget. (500k)

What would you recommend?

Im currently looking at the 04 - 06 everest mt 4x2 and starex grx crdi.

which has better FC?

what would you rocemmend?

I'm also open for other suggestions.

Regards,

2. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Everest is as big and durable as the crosswind but with ABS and airbags
    Starex is bang for the buck,spacious ,seats 9 and you can make as bed pag fully booked na mga hotels
    how about Toyota Innova G 200-2006,Isuzu Trooper , Mitsubishi Pajero(has many parts) , Isuzu Crosswind

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    if you want practically.. Starex is the way to go..
    Last edited by cocoy; September 1st, 2014 at 10:24 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by orangemonster View Post
    Hi,

Im looking for a 2nd hand car that would serve as a weekend car for a family of 5.

which has better FC?

Regards,
    Ford Everest is my choice mas maganda at porma. Suitable na yun for your family. Kasi pag starex parang palaging mg outing kau ng family mo. Kung me makita ka Pajero much better

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the starex will probably transport your family in better comfort than the everest..
    and so what if palaging pa-outing look? who cares?
    personally, i have misgivings about older koreans... reliability issues?? dunno...
    a revo diesel might serve you well, that is, if someone wants to sell his reliable revo..

errr... what is your budget? kung puedeng pang-diesel innova, innova na lang. its reliability has been proven in the majority of owners..

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by orangemonster View Post
    Hi,

which has better FC?

Regards,
    I'd go for the Starex. Very refined, comfortable, spacious and fast. Great car for weekend getaways whether it be to the mall or to the mountains. Despite the huge cabin space, it's actually not very big, courtesy of the very short hood so it'll actually make for a good daily driver too.

I'd only consider the Everest over the Starex if the car will be going through treacherous terrain and floods a lot, and then I'd spring for the 4x4 variant. Old school diesel engine means it would be more reliable though, and less costly to fix should something major break down.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    a revo diesel might serve you well, that is, if someone wants to sell his reliable revo..
    Hehe~ Revo diesel owner here. It's definitely a good workhorse vehicle. Beats a pickup's hauling capacity with 2nd and 3rd row up, and can properly seat 10 full sized adults or 13 in a squeeze, without the rear suspension sagging. No worries when fording floods. Passed through waist level floods without problems. Can't say the same about reliability though, especially at this age, where ageing problems start surfacing one after the other ranging from as simple as having to replace the power window motor to opening up the engine block to replace the gaskets. If I'm experiencing this with our religiously maintained unit, I'm sure there must be quite a lot of others elsewhere experiencing the same thing.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    We were also in the same situation back in early 2005, we were in the market for a new car and the final contenders were the Starex TCI GRX A/T and the Everest 4x2 A/T, the price difference for both cars was within 10k so it made the choice a really tough one. In the end, it came down to the test drive to pick a winner and we eventually ended up with the Starex because the Everest's ride was too bouncy for us. The Starex served us well for 8 years until we sold it in 2013 and replaced it with a gray market Grand Starex CVX.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I'd go for the Starex. Very refined, comfortable, spacious and fast. Great car for weekend getaways whether it be to the mall or to the mountains. Despite the huge cabin space, it's actually not very big, courtesy of the very short hood so it'll actually make for a good daily driver too.

I'd only consider the Everest over the Starex if the car will be going through treacherous terrain and floods a lot, and then I'd spring for the 4x4 variant. Old school diesel engine means it would be more reliable though, and less costly to fix should something major break down.

Agree with GTi. Comfort, space and power, lamang ang Starex CRDi. Perfect for out of town trips with the family. Also not bad for city drives, coz it's not as big and bulky as the current GS. It's probably got a footprint as big as medium sized SUVs nowadays, and that's no longer that big.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    thanks for the feedback..

how about the FC for the everest and the starex?

im also considering innova for FC.. kaso nabasa ko yung problem ng d4d engines during that period..