New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by battouter View Post
    we could do better. i believe it is possible to shave off 15-20% more off the SRP. there's definitely some sort of collusion between government officials and car dealerships.
    What collusion?

The government takes their 12% (for cars covered by AFTA) - 100% (luxury cars) cut. Taxes.

The dealerships take their 4-7% cut. Profit. (this does not include the distributor's cut)

And ne'er the twain shall meet.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Tax! yun naman ang dahilan kung bakit pricey ang mga sasakyan dito sa atin

hindi sa expensive pero "pricey"

Pero bakit sobrang daming sasakyan dito sa pinas?!

kung mahal talaga bumili ng any type of vehicle(s), sana hindi traffic hindi lang sa NCR region, pati na rin sa mga cities in other region dito sa pinas. kaunti lang ang gumagamit ng sasakyan,

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ^^

growing economy

relative to income cars are now affordable

easy-to-avail car loans

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    ^^

growing economy

easy-to-avail car loans
    Agree for that Sir uls..

All of the Taxes right now, may napupuntahan na po, (benefits of all pinoys)

kung PUV man or Client Business purposes, by the end of the day, Merong Profit income, in reality nag-depreciate ang sasakyan, bawi ang gastos (lalo kungnaka-mortgage) and paid easily..anytime pwede magdadag ng additional vehicle (fleet) or upgrade a higher model.

As long as po na walang bad records sa loan(s), from credit card or other sort of loan(s) na may record..(in-house financing is a + factor) and good payer,

kung nag quit naman sa credit card at merong clearance from the bank...

hahabulin naman ng certain bank or a certain in-house brand of car...to offer the latest promo, at first priority lagi, (kung kumabilang bakod man dun sa dating brand ng sasakyan at mag pa CI) ilang oras lang, hehehe

5. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Except for European brands, I think Philippine car prices are quite reasonable compared to many Asian countries.

I think only Japan and Korea have better pricing in the Far East in general. And compared to Japan, I'm sure our cost of ownership (parking, gas, service, resale, etc) is much lower so are probably better off than them.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    ^^

growing economy

easy-to-avail car loans
    maybe it is right to say that the economy is growing but its effects should trickle down to the lower income people. poverty alleviation dapat para maramdaman natin ang sinasabi ng gobyerno natin na improving economy. as they usually say, in the country where economy is improving, the correct parameter is not the poor and middle income people buying cars but rather the rich riding public transport. tanong nalang natin dito, kailan kaya mangyayari ito.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    base sa observation
    ko dahil mababa down payment bili kaagad tapos may repossed din nman

8. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    I was planning to move to the philippines and I give up, the car prices are completely insane !! basically double the prices from the usa!! I'm selling my 91 ACURA NSX for about 30 grand! but buying a car in the philippines will eat all of that up!! and for what????! a 2007 BMW that will cost about 20 grand or 2 million pesos?!! GET REAL

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by knight4444 View Post
    i was planning to move to the philippines and i give up, the car prices are completely insane !! Basically double the prices from the usa!! I'm selling my 91 acura nsx for about 30 grand! But buying a car in the philippines will eat all of that up!! And for what????! A 2007 bmw that will cost about 20 grand or 2 million pesos?!! Get real
    100% tax......

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by knight4444 View Post
    I was planning to move to the philippines and I give up, the car prices are completely insane !! basically double the prices from the usa!! I'm selling my 91 ACURA NSX for about 30 grand! but buying a car in the philippines will eat all of that up!! and for what????! a 2007 BMW that will cost about 20 grand or 2 million pesos?!! GET REAL
    Do you really want to aggravate yourself with a car and driving it around Metro Manila? Not me. I'll take an air-conditioned bus, sit back, relax, take a nap......keep my blood pressure from boiling

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Why are cars in the Philippines expensive?