New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    For my office service 2007 Innova J VVTi????

I recently came from a trip to Sorsogon using my trusty office issued Innova J VVT-i. It's blazingly fast, comfortable, reliable and almost maintenance free. It averages 7-9km/l but that just isn't enough I realized. It ate almost 60% of my trip budget on my Sorsogon trip.

I need a sturdy ride. My partner and I decided to consider ditching our gas fed Innova. Granting we could have a good deal to propose with our bosses.

We were thinking of pick up truck, a base model + big tire upgrade. Cause it might be used on country-wide trips up to Mindanao occasionally. So, I need to have a sturdy suspension on some rough stuffs in provinces. Diesel, so it won't hurt my trip's budget and it needs to have a huge cargo capacity. A pick up truck with a backpack might be perfect except that I sometimes carry 6 other people when clients come and strolls around the city with me. Which leads me back to the Innova Diesel. But I don't want another Innova huhuhuhu

My uncles won't let me get a Fortuner nor Montero, for sure. But I need to have a 7 seater. That's a must. Ballpark budget might be around 800-less than 1M.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Sorry, I forgot to tell. It's gotta be brand new pala, para no hassles for at least 5 or so years. Saka para hindi kami mahirapan i-dispose yung Innova, i-trade na lang kung sakali sa dealer.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Only the Carens fits your requirement of having a diesel 7-seater that isn't an Innova. Thing is, units are hard to come by since it's being phased out to give way to a new model alleged to arrive by 2013. You'd have to look long and hard for one. There's the Carnival SWB for the same price as an Innova V, but that's past your budget, and it isn't really all that fuel-efficient (similar to 3-liter diesels).

Another caveat though, the Carens is a softer car than an Innova, since it's not a ladder-frame MPV.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    For my office service 2007 Innova J VVTi????

I recently came from a trip to Sorsogon using my trusty office issued Innova J VVT-i. It's blazingly fast, comfortable, reliable and almost maintenance free. It averages 7-9km/l but that just isn't enough I realized. It ate almost 60% of my trip budget on my Sorsogon trip.

I need a sturdy ride. My partner and I decided to consider ditching our gas fed Innova. Granting we could have a good deal to propose with our bosses.

We were thinking of pick up truck, a base model + big tire upgrade. Cause it might be used on country-wide trips up to Mindanao occasionally. So, I need to have a sturdy suspension on some rough stuffs in provinces. Diesel, so it won't hurt my trip's budget and it needs to have a huge cargo capacity. A pick up truck with a backpack might be perfect except that I sometimes carry 6 other people when clients come and strolls around the city with me. Which leads me back to the Innova Diesel. But I don't want another Innova huhuhuhu

My uncles won't let me get a Fortuner nor Montero, for sure. But I need to have a 7 seater. That's a must. Ballpark budget might be around 800-less than 1M.
    Then a crosswind it is.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    kung mahihirapan ka sa carens, maybe crosswind? pero mas ok pa rin innova kaysa crosswind in many ways

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Then a crosswind it is.
    hahaha! Crosswind?!? After re-reading my post. Oo nga hahaha pero parang na 50/50 ako dun ah...

Kaso ang kupad nun!

I was thinking of Carens, kaso this car might end up travelling North to South point of RP, baka walang pyesa pag may un-forseen troubles, mahirap ma-stranded. Nakakainis, sobrang ideal ng Innova hahaha!

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    hahaha! Crosswind?!? After re-reading my post. Oo nga hahaha pero parang na 50/50 ako dun ah...

Kaso ang kupad nun!

I was thinking of Carens, kaso this car might end up travelling North to South point of RP, baka walang pyesa pag may un-forseen troubles, mahirap ma-stranded. Nakakainis, sobrang ideal ng Innova hahaha!
    sa requirements mo sir crosswind talaga and innova e. hahaha

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Ayaw nyo ng Innova Diesel?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Ayaw nyo ng Innova Diesel?
    Actually default choice ang Innova. Since ok naman ang service ko ngayon, wrong type of engine lang. Kaso, sasawa na kami ng partner ko sa Innova hehehe we're pondering maybe there could be some other viable choice.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    same as my problem, Innova is the perfect fit, but I am not considering it. Crazy!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast