New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    what is the legal age to own a vehicle?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I think it is 18 or 21 kasi ako if i remember it right sa akin naka pagalan ang auto when im 18.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GhettoChild View Post

For me it's the age that one not only knows how to drive but also how to maintain his/her car...what if emergency the car stalls because it's not maintained well plus the owner (driver) does not know how to fix know what to do then it will be a cause for traffic snarls.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    ^^ the age of majority is 18. the significance of this is that you can now enter/conclude a legally binding contract. owning a vehicle by acquiring it through sale or donation is a contract. the other party must likewise be 18.

drive responsibly, hijo.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    the person should be 18 years of age and ready to take responsibilities. owning a car is like adding a new member in the family.

OT: How can I remove the Tcash info on my post? ... newbie here...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by manuel salazar View Post
    san ba pwedeng makabili ng bagong bumper para sa toyota corolla 95-96 model (bigbody version)please help lang. urgent..email lang ako sa salazarma*hotmail.com...

thanks..
    manuel
    - what happened? the thread title is - "right age of owning a vehicle"

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DBanker View Post
    - what happened? the thread title is - "right age of owning a vehicle"
    hehehe...:rofl:

had directed them to go to the FAQ when they asked kanina sa shoutbox...

maybe the direction i gave was vague...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ab_initio View Post
    ^^ the age of majority is 18. the significance of this is that you can now enter/conclude a legally binding contract. owning a vehicle by acquiring it through sale or donation is a contract. the other party must likewise be 18.

drive responsibly, hijo.
    hmmm.. can't a child own a car thru donation? the car may be registered in the name of the parents but if the child is really the person to whom the car was donated to then the child is essentially the owner, hindi ba?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jozef_10 View Post
    hmmm.. can't a child own a car thru donation? the car may be registered in the name of the parents but if the child is really the person to whom the car was donated to then the child is essentially the owner, hindi ba?
    hi, Jozef!i am speaking from the viewpoint of owning a vehicle by contract, either by sale or donation. yeah...but his ownership over the thing is somehow limited by the fact that he can't just alienate or encumber the same without his parent's intervention. no person would ever transact with a minor because minority could always be his defense to defeat performance.

another aspect that we need to look into is this:in vehicle registration, it is important that the vehicle owner be of age. one of the reasons for such requirement is liability. one cannot directly impute civil liability vs. a minor, because ultimately the parents answer for him. you can't sue a minor...but the parents.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    but we go back to the TS's question: what is the legal age to own a vehicle? :D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast