New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    + 1 on the Forester, though another consideration will be the Mazda CX-5.

An coworker tells me their Forester 2.0L NA averages around 9 km/L on mixed driving conditions. They are happy with its FC as they get about the same FC with their old Civic FD 1.8L.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Why not include Sylphy on your choices? I've heard great news regarding their TOTL model.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Forester NA or the XV premium. CX-5 would also be a good 'for her' car.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    I suggest the Forester it's a nice suv and have higher ground clearance than the XV
    if she wants a diesel-fed the or gas-fed the Fortuner will be a nice alternative

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    MAZDA CX-5, Toyota Camry or Subaru XV. All around the 1.4M mark

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Forester is a good choice. Superb handling, top notch safety features, AWD system is among the best, good flood wading capability, I get 7-8 mixed city/hi way. Or you can opt to the imprezza.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Try to remember that the Forester's boxer engine is mounted lower than regular engines, it may have higher ground clearance than normal sedans but it does not have better flood wading capability than most CUVs in it's segment.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If mom want to be a bit euro chic, why not opt for the new VW Beetle or the Peugeot 3000 or 500 series? Those new arrivals are priced near your budget. And a few come in diesel!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomer123 View Post
    If mom want to be a bit euro chic, why not opt for the new VW Beetle or the Peugeot 3000 or 500 series? Those new arrivals are priced near your budget. And a few come in diesel!

peugeot 3008 is having a 100k discount right now, I think. just inquired a few weeks ago so the price for the base model is 5k short of 1.4m.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If your mom dare go big, the Isuzu MUx SUV is about to be launched next month. The higher end a/t is about 1.4M

It's bigger than the Fortuner and almost as powerful, the Trailblazer's younger cousin. Check out the Isuzu thread and see for yourself

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
What car can you suggest?