New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Even the Accord and Camrys have poor resale value. Public perception of poor gas mileage or a lemon car is a big factor. The previous City has poor resale value compared to the Vios because of butt ugly and CVT problem rap.
    yeah but comparing it with the mazda 6, the camry & the accord is still pretty high which is still at the range of 600-700k, even more sometimes.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    worst resale values

Honda Crv Gen 2

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ewan ko lang, am I the only stupid guy in the Philippines na hinde factor ang resale value pag bumibili ng kotse? I mean I buy a car kung ano gusto ko during that moment na bumibili regardless of make. after 5 years pag binenta ako na, I don't expect na kumita ako or mabawi ko yun purchase price. diba?

bakit ko iisipin kung magkano ko mabebenta yun kotse down the line? eh ang tagal tagal pa nun. hinde naman siguro P1 ko lang mabebenta ang 5 year old vehicle kahit anogn brand pa yan.

the resale value after 5 years of a car will not affect my decision to buy it. ganun ba kayo na iniisip yun magkano mabenta kaya Honda or toyota na lang ang bilhin instead na Nissan or ford kahit nun time na bumili kayo eh mas gusto niyo talaga yun Nissan or Ford?
    Last edited by shadow; May 13th, 2011 at 01:34 PM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hindi ka nag-iisa, shadow.

Bibili ka palang iniisip na agad resale value. Medyo :screwloose: ang gagawa nun.. Hahaha

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Hindi ka nag-iisa, shadow.

Bibili ka palang iniisip na agad resale value. Medyo :screwloose: ang gagawa nun.. Hahaha
    totoo naman eh, bilhin niyo kung ano gusto niyo kung saan kayo masaya, huwag yun resale value dahil after 5 years pare-pareho lang yan second hand. kahit Honda or Toyota pa yan. second hand pa rin pag binenta mo.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    oo nga. that's why i never limit myself to those brands with high resale values, if really given the chance bibili ako ng mazda 6 regardless of it's resale value dahil mas maganda siya ( based on my preference ) than the camry which is too daddy looking for me.

ang volvo din low-resale but people still " look " at their units as an alternative.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    A lot people factor in resale value in purchasing cars simply because they spend their hard earned money by making compromises on certain privileges just to buy a car like me. Unlike some like SG (tsikot high roller) for example who has tons of muhlah who can pursue his passion for cars. A car ain't like a celfone which we can easily absorb the depreciation say 10-20K depreciation a year, while a car can depreciate at the rate of 100K right of the dealer when you drive off. Thats less than 5mins and you lost 100K, add to the matter it subsequently depreciates 50-100K a year depending on the brand prestige, perceive build quality, fuel economy and desirability on the second hand market.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tapos dito kung naglagay ka ng mga aftermarket accessories pag binenta binibilang din yun ginastos ng mayari, eh ano pakialam ko sa mga pinaglalagay. lalo na mga Honda rice boys eh, kaya ang taas taas ng "resale value" ng Honda eh pati mga accessories na nilagay sinasama nila sa price...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_gambit View Post
    A lot people factor in resale value in purchasing cars simply because they spend their hard earned money by making compromises on certain privileges just to buy a car like me. Unlike some like SG (tsikot high roller) for example who has tons of muhlah who can pursue his passion for cars. A car ain't like a celfone which we can easily absorb the depreciation say 10-20K depreciation a year, while a car can depreciate at the rate of 100K right of the dealer when you drive off. Thats less than 5mins and you lost 100K, add to the matter it subsequently depreciates 50-100K a year depending on the brand prestige, perceive build quality, fuel economy and desirability on the second hand market.
    yeah but resale value SHOULD NOT stop you from buying the car you really want.

mahirap kapag nagddrive ka ng kotse na mataas ang resale value makita mo yung gustong gusto mo talaga driven by someone else. mapapaisip ka pa ng, sarap siguro ng feeling if yun yung dinadrive ko ....

sabi ko nga eh, think with your mind but always follow your heart. para hindi ka magsisi sa huli dahil ang ginawa mo eh yun talagang gusto mo

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Nadamay pa ako.. ehe-he.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Vehicles with the best/worst resale values in the Philippines