New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    What are the vehicles in the Philippines with the best and the worst values??

Any nominees???

Help!!
    Last edited by myk384; April 13th, 2011 at 07:37 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Based on what I see in Car Ads nowadays these ones stand out;
    BEST Resale Value:

Toyota Landcruiser (Local L80-L200 Dsl) Prices seldom below 1M
    Toyota Innova (E, G Dsl)
    Toyota Fortuner (G, V Dsl)
    Toyota HiAce (Local)
    Mitsubishi Pajero FM (Local)
    Isuzu Crosswind (XUV-Sportivo)
    Honda Civic, City, Accord
    Toyota Corolla Altis, Vios, Camry

Worst Resale Value:

Ford Explorer Sport Trac (Pickup)
    Ford Expedition (1-1.5 Gen)
    Ford Escape/Mazda Tribute
    Ford Focus/Mazda 3
    Chevrolet Optra (Sedan/Wagon)
    Chevrolet Aveo (Sedan/Hatchback)
    Chevrolet Spark
    Chery QQ
    Nissan Sentra (1.3)

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Nissan Vanette noon, yung 2 taon naming vanette mababa pa sa kalahati nung mabenta sapilitan pa

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Siguro control the answers by putting years ? For example cars from 2000 - 2010.

Kasi if we're gonna stick with you're question, pwedeng umabot hanggang sa vintage vehicles. And masyadong marami. ;)

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Siguro control the answers by putting years ? For example cars from 2000 - 2010.

Kasi if we're gonna stick with you're question, pwedeng umabot hanggang sa vintage vehicles. And masyadong marami. ;)
    Sige, ito ang mga periods:
    *2005-2009
    *1995-1999
    *1900-1994

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    is there a study or statistics on this or just perception? for example, how can a car get a worse resale value if there's no stats to prove it? and vice versa. there's so many moving variables to consider. one is the cost to own in 5 years, 7, 9, and so on. another is depreciation, how will you compute for depreciation? has there been a controlled long term tests performed for each car?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    5 cars with best resale values: Toyota Landcruiser, Hyundai Santa Fe, Isuzu Crosswind, Mitsubishi Pajero (FM), Hyundai Grand Starex

5 cars with worst resale values: Kia Carnival (1st gen.), Nissan Cefiro, Ford Expedition, Chevrolet Suburban, Nissan Sentra.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    usually, the cars with the better resale values are those with the more numbers running around the country. it's obvious. buyers want security that their cars will continue to have a steady parts bin. corolla, civic, vios, city, the auvs, etc.
    and the worse resale values are the orphans. the marques who have pulled out of the local market: volkswagen, proton, fiat, ford (for a time), etc.
    some cars are bestsellers because of their perceived engineering, reputation: toyota, honda.
    the high end cars are something else, because only a few can afford them. i should not include them here because they skew the curve. they inexplicably sell relatively well despite anything: porsche, land cruiser, pajero, patrol, etc.
    then there are the notorious models no one but the un-initiated will buy: vannette, box sentra, old model carnival.
    then there are the cult cars. limited numbers but ravenous buyer-fanatics: starlet, older mini cooper. ever wonder how fast some VWs sell? the kombi i wanted was sold before i dowloaded its ad a second time.. (of course, condition of vehicle plays a major part here, knowing how spare parts are rarer than fish tears..)
    and there is the un-explicable failure: toyota echo verso, honda odyssey, nissan terrano.
    and do you remember the optra? it was advertised so aggressively then, chevy sold a lot of them.. now, they don't re-sell very well, which is an understatement..
    and for the life of me, i can't explain why my poor sentra has a low resale value that is an insult to its performance..
    i suppose you can say our market prices are run by herd mentality..
    Last edited by dr. d; April 30th, 2011 at 06:48 PM.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    5 cars with best resale values: Toyota Landcruiser, Hyundai Santa Fe, Isuzu Crosswind, Mitsubishi Pajero (FM), Hyundai Grand Starex

5 cars with worst resale values: Kia Carnival (1st gen.), Nissan Cefiro, Ford Expedition, Chevrolet Suburban, Nissan Sentra.
    Sir curious lang me kung saan mo nakuha facts mo na ito?
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    bagsak pa rin ang resale value ng MazFord sa Pinas no?

I'm pretty sure yung mga chinese brands sobrang kamote ng resale

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
Vehicles with the best/worst resale values in the Philippines