New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    ayan sir mondymondy, dame na inputs ni sir GH about sentra b14 I, myself owns a nissan, b13. It's a reliable car though. But for your budget, a b14 sentra series 3 or 4 would fit in. And to add to that 'myth' bumawi naman ang nissan when they launched the b13, kahit yung labas nilang LEC eh 16valve twin cam na going back, prepare an extra for some repairs needed pagnabili mo na yung car

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BTW, I have owned the 92 B13 Sentra Super Saloon ECCS and 96 B14 Sentra Super Touring.

For the B14 Sentra, one major advantage now is "cheap" customization using surplus body parts (bumpers, front grill) and aftermarket replacement clear-lens style headlights. One big advantage of the clear lens type headlights (and the associated front signal lights) is it makes the Sentra look "fresher" or newer.

Here is a picture of my B14 Sentra Super Touring before I sold it.

Lots of mods went into that car. Including a SR20DE engine, custom exhaust, dyno tuning, full suspension upgrade, carbon fiber hood & trunk, etc.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Thanks to all of you guys who shared their knowledge, most of all to sir ghosthunter. Because of all the inputs I have learned a lot about Sentras and I think I'm really going to go for that car. Thank you!!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I would go for the 95-98 series Sentra B14. It will be easier to find parts for it especially rear sections because the 98-00 model is Taiwan version. Our auto surplus supply generally comes from japan.

This goes double for the Exalta 98-00 units where the front headlight and signal light cluster is in one unit. Same goes for the grill and bumper too. Very difficult to find surplus replacements for this.

Sentra Exalta
    How about Sentra/Exalta models after 2000? Are they still Taiwan made? If I consider buying 2001 - 2003 Sentra, will I have a hard time finding spare parts for it?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mondymondy View Post
    How about Sentra/Exalta models after 2000? Are they still Taiwan made? If I consider buying 2001 - 2003 Sentra, will I have a hard time finding spare parts for it?

Taiwan.

Finding certain surplus external body parts will be a bit harder but mechanical parts are all the same. But there are 3rd party new stuff like headlights and signal lights that are cheaper than originals but fit & work just as good.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Taiwan.

Finding certain surplus external body parts will be a bit harder but mechanical parts are all the same. But there are 3rd party new stuff like headlights and signal lights that are cheaper than originals but fit & work just as good.
    Ahh.. I see.. Thank you so much Sir GH!! One more thing though, I read that carb engine will be phased out this year (2011) because of the e10 gasoline? is the engine of the series 3 carburated? What nissan sentra models are installed with EFI engines?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    panalo ang sentra when it comes to aircon, performance and easier to service compared to corolla.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ahh.. I see.. Thank you so much Sir GH!! One more thing though, I read that carb engine will be phased out this year (2011) because of the e10 gasoline? is the engine of the series 3 carburated? What nissan sentra models are installed with EFI engines?
    AFAIK the B14 Sentras are all fuel injected already and with DOHC 16 valve at that. But I'm not sure if the base FE model also uses the same GA16DE engine. If it still uses the old LEC's CG13DE engine, then its carb. But you won't be getting that variant would you? Aim for GTS or Super Touring then change to clear lens headlights and throw in HID bulbs.

If you are eyeing for the Exalta, you might as well go for the Cefiro of the same era which sells for pretty much the same price. And with that you get true luxury, instead of an econobox disguised to look luxurious, with a properly powerful engine.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    96-00 Sentra 1.6L (Super Saloon, Super Touring, GTS)
    GA16DNE and GA16DE EFI 1.6L

96-00 Sentra EX-Saloon 1.4L
    GA14DE EFI 1.4L

96-00 Sentra FE 1.3L
    GA14DS CARB 1.3L

98-00 Sentra Exalta SLA 1.6L
    GA16DE EFI 1.6L

98-00 Sentra Exalta STA 1.6L
    GA16DE EFI 1.6L

As for the E10 notice, matagal na iyan. It just seems you haven't noticed it since you don't drive (yet).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BTW, I suggest AGAINST buying the 98-00 Sentra Exalta models because they are heavier and consume more fuel than their "lower" model counterparts.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Toyota Corolla VS. Nissan Sentra (for a second hand car) Enlighten me please!