New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Well, this all started when I wanted to get myself a Honda NSX. Problem is, pristine and good condition units does not go cheap on the market and our importation taxes are simply the bomb. In the end, I computed that shipping a post-facelift NSX from the US would costs me around the ballpoint of 4 million pesos. I also inquired sa Autoplus kung may kilala sila but the owner said there's this guy who has two of them... but they're real jerks daw .

So my attention has been shifted towards a Skyline R34 GT-R. This is because we're working on reviving an aging R32 with a RB26DETT engine and I'm simply awestruck sa potential ng kotse. Well, further compounded by my fascination of GT-Rs sa Gran Turismo (my usual route taken was a Mazda Miata -> Honda S2000 -> R34 which I would then pump it to 800HP).

So,
    1. How much na ba going price ng R34 nowadays? I'm not particularly critical on the engine. In fact, I won't mind if it's the RB25DE. Power comes cheaply naman.. hell, iniisip ko nga in going non-turbo for the peace of mind (then again, it IS a performance car)

2. Think Japan would ship me for one? Baka naman may kilala kayong Subic/Port Irene/Cebu dealer?

3. Any problems I should know beforehand?

Well, I do plan on having it driven on weekend trips lang. Knowing my detailing hobby, expect it to be in pristine condition and drool worthy once approved :naughty2:

EDIT: ****, now kilangan ko i-polish manual tranny driving skills ko. I've never driven outside the village before.. hahaha..

2. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    to sir nakita ko lang sa sulit :

FAST CAR IMPORTS: 2nd Floor - Buendia Car Exchange
    17 Jupiter Street, Bel-Air Village, Makati City

direct importer of quality cars from the US and Japan.

(Original Left Hand Drive units available) ; Php 600,000 and up for sporstcar units

or try nyo punta Subic ikot ikot kayo alam ko nagbaba un price ng Skyline ngayon pinakamaganda skyline sa akin yang R34

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    R32 GT-Rs are the cheapest way to get an RB26DETT. They go for as low as 550, last time I checked. These are 20-year old cars though, but personally I'd prefer to fix the rattly bits of this old car than get an R33 or R34.

But if you're set on an R34, the GT-T variants (RB25DET) go for around 800k up, depending on the mods. An R34 GT-R would cost you close to 2M.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    R32 GTR ayaw mo, bro. jhn? Binebenta ni AMG560 yung kanya. 900T neg.

Mukhang all-in package 'to. RB26, 276hp.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    R32 GTR ayaw mo, bro. jhn? Binebenta ni AMG560 yung kanya. 900T neg.

Mukhang all-in package 'to. RB26, 276hp.

I think I've seen this Skyline before. Track-ready na 'to, madalas sa BRC. Forte Koup ba yung daily nung may-ari nito Renz?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I think I've seen this Skyline before. Track-ready na 'to, madalas sa BRC. Forte Koup ba yung daily nung may-ari nito Renz?
    AFAIK hindi Forte Koup.

Sa AEP album kasi kotse ni AMG560 (owner niyan) puro oldschool tapos Safari Patrol.

Siguro yung previous owner before niya yung naka-Forte Koup. Mukhang malinis na nga eh, diba? I mean.. mas ok kung alam mong maraming kotse yung owner plus enthusiast din para at least alam mo naalagaan.

And deym rarely do I see R32 GTRs that are that clean. Kung may pera lang ako...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Uy, pogi ng R32 na yan ah but bloody hell at the 990k attached to it, based on his mods, I'm not liking those Westlake tires.

Personally, I'm dead set on the R34. This is because it has real sentimental value on me... imagine the hours I poured sa mga Gran Turismo 3,4, and 5. Besides, like I said, we're already trying to revive an aging R32 but it's still a long way to go. Then again, cross-drilled rotors and semi-slick profile 265 on all four tires helps right? :naughty2:

(top is a black R33, bottom is a red R32. Both doing exhaust modifications)

Think I should go for the GTT versions nalang for the RB25 instead? Performance-wise, there's still a lot of potential up there. May kilala kayo nagbebenta ng mura? :naughty2:
    Last edited by jhnkvn; April 29th, 2013 at 01:46 AM.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    These are all JDM right? So they're all RHD, paano ang conversion nito? Also saw a white R34 in downtown manila, maganda to.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Sorry for the revive but I think I can share something here. And can be even used as reference on potential Skyline GTR buyers.

Bro jhnkvn, so what happened, did you get one? Coz I might be able to help you on getting a true GTR BNR34. Kinda weird since one of your choice was the rare nsx which is pricey, so why not get a GTR instead of the lower variants? ;) Because not all R32 and 34s are Godzillas aka GTRs. Hehe. For ex. Er34 = skyline gtt, Bnr34 = GTR. Some poser skyline gts and gtt owners even put concord bought GTR just to pose. Hehe. But there are lots of difference like wider body for wide track wheels, aluminum front end, aero kits, 4wd, engine, etc. I assume you know this?

For your querries;
    1. GTR34 2.2 to 3M+ depends on condition, setup, type (vspec to nur). Non GTR ones are 700 to 1m+.

2. Of course Japan can ship BUT port irene has problems now so its long shot. I might have a source on a legit BNR34 that is already here in the Ph though. ;)

3. Problems... Depends. Especially critical on the conversion, but thats probably it. The iconic thousand hp autoplus BNR34 is converted but its as good as oem. Oh! I don't know if you will count is as a problem, GTR parts from BNR32s to 34s are pricey, heck even oem ones are! They are priced more compared to other jdm performance/sports cars.

Its good to consider the GTR BNR32s as well. But beware, most of the time those cheap ones going for 550 to 600k are probably "tired" ones and has flaws. And will cost you an arm and a leg, remember R parts are not cheap. Good example GTR 32s are around 700 to 1m+ again depending on several factors. There were even some in Japan dealers that costs almost as much as the GTR 34! And these are very very mint ones with less than 20k kms on the clocks! Example owners were rich businessmen (some were rumored yakuzas) that just collects and garaged their cars. You can also go BCNR33 which costs 1m above. But since its considered as the black ship of the blood line, its up to you. Hehe. Why black ship it didn't perform good enough to match the older brother's (32) motorsports accomplishments and records. While the BNR34 is considered by the Japanese the modern BNR32.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Didn't go through na. Plowed the money into a business venture instead and delayed the hopes of a sportscar until the next generation NSX goes into production. If they have the 458 Italia on their sights, I doubt it'll be a 400BHP 3000cc something V6 strapped with electrical motors lang. I'd say 500BHP is more like it if they plan on succeeding the Italia (which has more than 500BHP). Still, that instant torque at 0RPM should be a force to be reckoned. Drove a Lexus hybrid dati.. and by all means.. electric is the future

Yup. It's actually easy to tell (harder if with body kits) the difference of the GTT with the GTR. Still, I have high respects for people who buy the GTT since for sure petrolheads din sila -- a bit with budget constraints lang nga

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast