New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2011

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Engine-swapped... which means custom-wiring, custom-fabrication, custom trouble.

Up to you if you can handle it... or if you know mechanics familiar with the RB20DET (not many are) and familiar with RB-swapped S14s (again... not many... easier to find mechanics who understand SR20 Silvias).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Nope. Not going for it. And it's time na manglait

1. They should really try to affix a odometer reading sa mga ganito... secondhand car ad is still an advertisement. It will tell you whether the car's a Sunday car or a daily-driven one. Even if it can be faked, it's better than nothing.

2. Baka naman gusto niya maging more in-depth with his modifications. He's selling towards a niche enthusiast category -- not a first time buyer (or maybe he is for fools out there). Throwing in better details such as what kind of coilovers, maybe a close-up shot of the current intercooler state, etc. wouldn't hurt him at all.

3. Regarding on his engine swap, he needs to state where he got it done. Baka naman may dyno sheets yan kahit papano right? Engine swapping's a messy affair.. not many can do it properly. And why the heck a RB20DET? Skyline-fan much? The SR20 engine is already good enough as it is and so is a SR20DET with many shops specializing in them. I would understand maybe the stronger RB26DETT.. but the 20DET? Bah. Not only is he making it hard on himself but he also messes with the Silvia's inherent weight distribution balance. Good luck finding a tuner and part availability - even the RB25/26s are easier (there's Jimbo and Autoplus for that har har..) from an owner convenience perspective.

Well, those are my three main pointers. If you want more..

4. That muffler looks tacky. Not only is to too large but it's ugly to look at thanks to the oddly placed rear diffuser.

5. I see red painted brakes. May feeling Brembo na tayo dito palang red flag na ako. You don't go painted brakes -- you go for upgraded rotors and pots.

6. Those tires are daily-tires. Not track tires. Quite apparent sa thread pattern and the four water grooves.

7. I wanna know kung ano modifications nito sa ECU and MAF. Because that's one of the most important parts you want to know in buying cars like these -- the engine management.

8. Define intercooler turbo -- all cars have an intercooler naman.. eh yun turbo ba nito aftermarket or the ones that comes with the engine?

For what it's worth, just tell him he needs to market his car better... and maintain it better.

And if you're looking for a deal, this other sulit ad is way better

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...isementDetails

And for other vehicle alternatives, start looking for a manual Civic FD and start modding it. It might not have a RWD configuration, but you save yourself a lot of headaches in purchasing one.
    Last edited by jhnkvn; November 4th, 2013 at 01:17 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Nope. Not going for it. And it's time na manglait

1. They should really try to affix a odometer reading sa mga ganito... secondhand car ad is still an advertisement. It will tell you whether the car's a Sunday car or a daily-driven one. Even if it can be faked, it's better than nothing.

2. Baka naman gusto niya maging more in-depth with his modifications. He's selling towards a niche enthusiast category -- not a first time buyer (or maybe he is for fools out there). Throwing in better details such as what kind of coilovers, maybe a close-up shot of the current intercooler state, etc. wouldn't hurt him at all.

3. Regarding on his engine swap, he needs to state where he got it done. Baka naman may dyno sheets yan kahit papano right? Engine swapping's a messy affair.. not many can do it properly. And why the heck a RB20DET? Skyline-fan much? The SR20 engine is already good enough as it is and so is a SR20DET with many shops specializing in them. I would understand maybe the stronger RB26DETT.. but the 20DET? Bah. Not only is he making it hard on himself but he also messes with the Silvia's inherent weight distribution balance. Good luck finding a tuner and part availability - even the RB25/26s are easier (there's Jimbo and Autoplus for that har har..) from an owner convenience perspective.

Well, those are my three main pointers. If you want more..

4. That muffler looks tacky. Not only is to too large but it's ugly to look at thanks to the oddly placed rear diffuser.

5. I see red painted brakes. May feeling Brembo na tayo dito palang red flag na ako. You don't go painted brakes -- you go for upgraded rotors and pots.

6. Those tires are daily-tires. Not track tires. Quite apparent sa thread pattern and the four water grooves.

7. I wanna know kung ano modifications nito sa ECU and MAF. Because that's one of the most important parts you want to know in buying cars like these -- the engine management.

8. Define intercooler turbo -- all cars have an intercooler naman.. eh yun turbo ba nito aftermarket or the ones that comes with the engine?

For what it's worth, just tell him he needs to market his car better... and maintain it better.

And if you're looking for a deal, this other sulit ad is way better

Nissan Silvia S14 Sale/swap With Any Vehicle (local) - Secondhand For Sale Philippines - 26765935

And for other vehicle alternatives, start looking for a manual Civic FD and start modding it. It might not have a RWD configuration, but you save yourself a lot of headaches in purchasing one.
    numbers 3 and 7

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    my only advice and i'm speaking from experience is never ever buy a swapped car. it doesn't matter how good and experienced where the swap was done, it will always have a problem. it might only be minor problems when done by a reputable shop/tuner but still it gets annoying after a while and i guarantee you that a swapped engine won't even last that long. it's ok if it's a dedicated track car but if you plan to use it as a weekend car then goodluck.
    Last edited by foresterx; November 4th, 2013 at 03:03 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    After everything has been said, my question is,

What will you do with it?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    di na uso yan

those who owned a Silvia have sold, those who still own are selling

the bragging rights for owning one of those has diminished to near zero

sabi ko nga ang pataasan ng ihi ngayon are real sports cars not modified Japanese rice rockets

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    para "in" ka get yourself a Camaro or Mustang --- at least yan ha

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    di na uso yan

those who owned a Silvia have sold, those who still own are selling

the bragging rights for owning one of those has diminished to near zero

sabi ko nga ang pataasan ng ihi ngayon are real sports cars not modified Japanese rice rockets

Enough said. Japanese Rice "NOISE" Rockets.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    If you can get it for 150k,why not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast