New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Just sold my 2011 Tucson gls. Current ride 2014 Carens EX.. now hard to decide between Montero gls v and Mazda cx5 pro as 2nd car.

Completely understand that Montero and CX5 are different on its class. My wife really loves the drive and comfort of Cx5 and I like the power and space of Montero though I admit CX 5 is really fun to drive.

For a family of 4, Me wife, 7 & 11 yrs old kiddos, appreciate if you can share your thoughts…

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    montero. malaki na din anak mo e and better value overall ang montero. its bigger, powerful diesel engine, beefier suspension bits, solid resale value, parts can be sourced outside the casa, more road presence etc etc. although mas mahal ang maintenance ng diesel kahit mas mura sa fuel ang diesel. yun cx-5 naman is nice and mazda is known for handling and handsome exterior design kaso we've had mazdas before ganda handling pero mabilis masira bushings ewan ko lang ngayon.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bulletred View Post
    Just sold my 2011 Tucson gls. Current ride 2014 Carens EX.. now hard to decide between Montero gls v and Mazda cx5 pro as 2nd car.

Completely understand that Montero and CX5 are different on its class. My wife really loves the drive and comfort of Cx5 and I like the power and space of Montero though I admit CX 5 is really fun to drive.

For a family of 4, Me wife, 7 & 11 yrs old kiddos, appreciate if you can share your thoughts…
    Montero between the 2 but if you preferred diesel turbo engine. IMO CX5 drive and comfort seems similar to brand new 1.6-2.0L sedans. I have a 5 y/o monty and kung ako ikaw i'll check the MU-X or wait for the next Fort. - Parehas matagal pa.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Turbo diesel ang engine ng carens at super tipid ang fc nya. Malamang sa 2016 pa ang labas ng new fort & monte but yung upcoming everest very promising sana kaya lang wait ko muna siguro actual review ng mga new owner.

same kasi price ng Montero gls at CX5 pro at almost same din ang discount nila. hirap lang talaga mag decide

5. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Montero GLS V. Mitsu loves giving big discounts apart from the freebies pa. The CX5 is nice but still just a sedan on stilts, no offense, might be somewhat redundant to the Carens you have right now.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    How about something with the grunt of a turbo diesel engine coupled with the refinement of a unibody midsize SUV chassis? The Sorento CRDI 5-seater 4x2 will be a cross of both the MS GLS-V and CX-5.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    How about something with the grunt of a turbo diesel engine coupled with the refinement of a unibody midsize SUV chassis? The Sorento CRDI 5-seater 4x2 will be a cross of both the MS GLS-V and CX-5.
    option ko din yan bro but I will end of having 2 kia's in my garage hehehe

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Hyundai Sta.Fe 4x2 AT na lang hehehe

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Montero na .............. kasi may Monty din ako, hehehehe

But seryosli, galing ako sa CX-7 before shifting to the GTV and Mazda is great to drive. But with a growing family, I am glad I got the Monty. I could not imagine fitting all the stuff of my 2 year old on the 7

And I get great FC also.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Nothing wrong with that. Most neighbors in my village practice some sort of brand loyalty. It's common for most to have an Altis/Fortuner, Civic/CRV, Sentra/Patrol, Elantra/Santa Fe, Lancer/Pajero, Ranger/Expedition, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast