New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Hello Guys. I'm new here im tsikot and I need your suggestion.

-Budget 300k
    -For city driving lang
    -Fuel consumption is not an issue since once or twice a week lang magagamit and dito lang sa area namin. Mall and church lang.
    -Sedan or CUV type
    -Needs to be automatic
    -Good for beginner driver

So far ang choices ko:

City
    Mazda 3
    Escape (mahirap makahanap ng parts?)
    CRV (Malakas daw sa gas?)

What do you think guys? kung my suggestion kayo, paki post and kung bakit.

Wala ako masyado alam sa sasakyan so any info will surely help guys.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dhisky View Post
    Hello Guys. I'm new here im tsikot and I need your suggestion.

-Budget 300k
    -For city driving lang
    -Fuel consumption is not an issue since once or twice a week lang magagamit and dito lang sa area namin. Mall and church lang.
    -Sedan or CUV type
    -Needs to be automatic
    -Good for beginner driver

So far ang choices ko:

City
    Mazda 3
    Escape (mahirap makahanap ng parts?)
    CRV (Malakas daw sa gas?)

What do you think guys? kung my suggestion kayo, paki post and kung bakit.

Wala ako masyado alam sa sasakyan so any info will surely help guys.

Thanks!
    Personally, I'd go for a CUV, especially since fuel consumption is not an issue. When I was a newbie driver, I found it easier to park a larger utility vehicle (no trunk) than a subcompact sedan. Higher ride height also means you get a better view of the road and are less susceptible to potholes and steep ramps.

If I were in your situation, I'd probably get a CRV. Its got loads of space, decent performance, and the "10 cheater" seating for emergencies. The Escape is better looking though, and a very tough vehicle. Resale value is also lower than the CRV. The 3.0V6 is a sweet proposition if you're going out of town often. That's nearly 50 horses more than the 2.3L for the same price, probably even less. Don't be misled by the American badge. Escape parts are quite easy to find, and are interchangeable with Mazda Tribute parts.

I suggest you test drive both to see for yourself.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Huwag City automatic (CVT),- magiging sakit lang ng ulo mo iyan....

Agree with bro.GTi,- if your budget permits, - go either with (your choices of) CRV or Escape....

“The measure of a man is what he does with power – LJIOHF!”
    Duterte for President of the Philippines in 2016!
    25.3K:charot:

4. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Mga boss how about 06-07 Honda Civic? Almost ganyan din price range.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Go for Mazda 3 sir

look and rides swabe

try to read about vios

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    If you could stretch your budget a little further, I suggest you get the 2005-2007 Hyundai Tucson. Prices range from 350-380k.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    pwede paki elaborate more ito "-Fuel consumption is not an issue since once or twice a week lang magagamit and dito lang sa area namin. Mall and church lang."

for me kase hinde naka design ang kotse sa mga short distance and infrequent use... masisira lang yan na wala milage na tinakbo... in short sayang lang...

opinion ko lang naman ito

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i would go for a Mazda 3.
    yun nga lang, medyo mas malakas sya sa gasoline compared to similar variants.
    my second choice would be the CRV.

particular ka ba ng year model? kasi you can also find a Hyundai Tucson CRDi (first batch) in that budget.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigg ma View Post
    pwede paki elaborate more ito "-Fuel consumption is not an issue since once or twice a week lang magagamit and dito lang sa area namin. Mall and church lang."

for me kase hinde naka design ang kotse sa mga short distance and infrequent use... masisira lang yan na wala milage na tinakbo... in short sayang lang...

opinion ko lang naman ito
    Sir, family service lang. thrice or twice lang a week ito magagamit. Going to mall lang or church or maybe papuntang province twice a year (5 hours drive). That's why I said fuel consumption is not an issue since bihira naman ako mag papa gas. I'm working home base and we'll be having a baby na so kelangan na talaga ng service.

What do you recommend then?

As for the year model, any year guys basta pasok sa budget.

Thanks for your inputs guys. Keep it coming. I will be replying later. Intayin ko pa inputs pa nung iba

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you'll be having a baby pala... so you need a CUV the least.

one thing that comes into my mind is the Nissan X-Trail. Imho, the 2004-2005 model can fit into your budget.

more choices:

2007 08acquired Hyundai Tucson Gas Mt-financing Ok - 2ndhand For Sale Philippines - 63655943

Hyundai Tucson 2006 - 2ndhand For Sale Philippines - 63595698

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast