New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    We are talking about first hand experience in driving through floods, and not just 'on paper' specs.

What car did you use, and what flood height did you drive through? Lets just use anatomic terms sa height - hangang ankles, binti, hangang baywang na baha.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Oo nga.....

Iyong mga bros natin na naka EcoSport, na highly advertised/promoted for its [supposed] (flood-)fording capability....

Ano na ang inyong EcoSport-baha experience?...

(Di ba you are as good only as the weakest link/s on the road?.... )

“The measure of a man is what he does with power – LJIOHF!”
    24.4K:sailor:

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    gutter deep flood. isuzu alterra. buhay pa naman yung sasakyan.

knee deep flood. toyota vios. buhay din yung sasakyan. kailangan lang palitan yung compressor kasi palaging dinadaan sa baha ang vios.

gusto ko rin marinig feedback sa ecosport.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    During ondoy, I used my B14 sentra sa above knee deep flood (halos apaw ang tubig sa slex side) sa sucat (west service road).

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    '95 Honda Civic LX, way back in 2010. Knee deep flood. For the 1st time I lost my brakes afterwards kasi nabasa, muntik na ko makabangga ng jeep. Buti kumagat din after a couple hundred meters.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    During habagat(2012?), I drove my hyundai tucson 2009 to a knee deep flood in maysilo circle, mandaluyong. no issues afterwards.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Rule of thumb right after getting off the flood, gradually step on the breaks while mobile and do not speed up to dry up the disk/drum.

BTT:
    Hangang leeg na baha in the vicinity of Mandaluyong city hall way back in the late 80's. Using my Isuzu Luv "big foot" pick-up lifted with 33" Dick Cepek wheels. Parang nakalutang lang yung pick up sa tubig since bumper itself is already chest high. :surfing:

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Waded my old Exalta Grandeur in Dinalupihan back in 2006, water almost reached the top of the tires but the car kept going. Checked the car on the nearest gas station past the flooded area, no water got inside or any damage. With the same car a year later, it got trapped in Amorsolo-Makati during heavy downpour and water rose up to half the height of the tires. My drain seal got busted so water got inside the carpet but no electrical damage. A fellow NB member had a carwash shop in BF so he told me he can have the carpet washed and dried for 1500.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    knee deep
    2010 isuzu crosswind
    2010 subaru forester
    2012 ford explorer

waist deep
    2012 toyota hilux
    2013 ford ranger

almost chest deep
    2013 jeep rubicon
    2013 fj cruiser

so far yan pa lang na subukan ko sa baha. next tim subukan ko trailblazer at lc kung kaya waist deep floods.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mayapis and Buendia areas in Makati. Knee high to above the knee. Nakayanan naman nung GS. Ok sa Prado.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Flood wading capability will again be one of the criteria for many car buyers, now th