New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Hi guys, I currently have a stock 95 EG and I wanna swap it with a 95 Suzuki Vitara because I want a ride with a higher ground clearance especially now that metro manila is starting to flood even after raining for a while.. do you think it's worth it? Hope you can give me some advice regarding this.. TIA!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Not worth the hassle unless the street where you live gets flooded every so often.

Right now, you probably know the exact condition of your EG, and when you swap it with the vehicle of the same age, you never know what you'll get.

I'd keep the EG. Mas porma pa haha

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Pa-lift mo yung EG. Haha. Kidding.

Seriously, I`d get the Vitara as long as you won't be shelling out money ( straight swap ika nga ) Iba pa rin kasi ang ground clearance ng lowered EG sa lifted Vitara. & if that is what will give you a peace of mind tuwing umuulan, then, go on.

Wag ka lang kukuha ng AT Vitara since it will definitely defeat the purpose. Pag nabaha ka then ayaw mag-start, goodluck sayo. Di katulad ng manual pwede mo i-jumpstart.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    What do you think would be the most practical sirs? City Driving lang naman most of the time eh.. 95 EG or 95 Vitara? From what I see kasi almost same price range sila..

Fuel Consumption of my EG is around 10+ km/L.. Do you think Vitara can match this?

How about maintenance?

TIA!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Fuel Consumption? Malabo na tapatan yung EG mo hehe.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by r1chm0nd View Post
    What do you think would be the most practical sirs? City Driving lang naman most of the time eh.. 95 EG or 95 Vitara? From what I see kasi almost same price range sila..

Fuel Consumption of my EG is around 10+ km/L.. Do you think Vitara can match this?

How about maintenance?

TIA!
    Definitely not, plus matagtag ang vitara unless you replace the shocks. Kahit na palitan mo yan, matagtag pa din vs. EG.

IMO, stick with your car and plan your trips and be wary of the weather na lang just to be safe.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Well, the TS should be aware that he or she should compromise comfort if he's picking a car that has a high flood survivability compared to his current one.

LOL. No one would really want for the TS' EG to end up like this.

Last edited by renzo_d10; May 24th, 2011 at 06:04 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    At that flood level, the water would be well into the passenger compartment na rin ng vitara =/

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by r1chm0nd View Post

How about maintenance?

TIA!
    My brother in law just disposed his 97 Vitara a/t, full of headaches, if I were you I'd keep my Civic. Fuel economy of the Vitatra is not good.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yes, the FC of the Vitara A/T is very dismal even for a 1.6L engine. But if it was the Vitara M/T, would the FC improve by much? We used to have an old Escudo A/T (3 door Vitara) in Taiwan. If I remember right, it gets around 8.5km/L city and Taiwan's traffic conditions are much better than the ones here.This is one sturdy vehicle though, the aforementioned flood level should not be a problem for it. Our Escudo was able to ford through floods with the water level up to the hood and by the window line.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
95 suzuki vitara still a good buy?