New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Hello mga tsikoters, una sa lahat, marami na po akong na se-search na thread with this topic pero around 4 years old na po yung thread so sa tingin ko OK na pong gunawa ulit ng thread para dito? anyways, back to the topic. Need help po sana on deciding which of these three cars to buy as my 2nd car (upgrade), Ford Lynx RS, Honda Civic Dimension vti, Mitsubishi Lancer Cedia. I currently own a mitsubishi lancer itlog 1995 (EL), given that is my 1st car, my primary concerns are:

1. Fuel Efficiency (my daily route to work is around 50km a day, mixed highway and light traffic)
    2. Riding Comfort and Looks (Lancer EL variants are 'all pawis' so I want to experience some riding comfort, not to mention the notorious suspension problems of old cars, lalo na sa mga itlog)
    3. Speed (again, Lancer EL has a 1.3 carb type engine so.. I know it contradicts to fuel efficiency but i'm willing to let go some efficiency as long as it gives me speed and riding comfort)
    4. Parts and maintenance
    5. Tight budget

Given those 3 choices, I leaning towards the Ford Lynx RS because base on all that i've search the ride comfort that it gives is superb, my concern is the fuel cost if I would get it. My 2nd choice would be the Honda Civic vti (eagle eye), but the concern for this one is the price, I think it's around the 250k to 350k range, or the price that are posted are just super OP? Then the last choice would be the lancer cedia.

Other suggestion aside from those 3 would be great, basta maliban sa toyota vios (2013 below) and honda city (2008 below ata?), yes fuel efficient yung dalawa na yun, pero di ko lang trip yung itsura nila, no offense sa mga nagmamayari ng mga model na yan, kanya kanyang trip lang yan. peace out! Salamat mga tsikoters!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Of the three, I'd go for the Lynx.

Tight body, good suspension geometry (sticks on those sharp corners), and the 2 litre motor, never a slouch. Get one with a manual tranny.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Kung FC ang unang concern, I'd say sa 1.6 ka nalang. AFAIK ang pinakamatipid na 1.6 ang Altis.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

4. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Salamat po sa mga reply sir GTi and lowslowbenz. I would consider Altis, will do some research regarding that car, I need more suggestions guys, keep it coming!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If you want a younger car at that price, maybe you can look for a Sentra N16 GSX (MT). Don't go for the GX model as they are underpowered. Second hand price of Nissan cars are lower than Honda or Toyota.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Thanks sa suggestion sir Egan101, pero base sa mga na reresearch ko, mas pogi talaga ung civic dimension, lynx RS at lancer cedia. So kung pwede po i narrow down na lang natin sa 3, sa mga may first hand experience po dyan regarding sa criteria ko sa taas, your inputs would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Baka puwede rin Mazda3 sa ganung price. I'd go with the Civic ES (Dimension) among your choices or maybe an Altis. The Lynx RS will be a good option if you long for a bigger engine. If going for the Civic ES, better go for redesigned models (2004-2005) if the budget allows it. There is also a 2.0L (K20) Civic ES that was released in 2004 & 2005 but it only comes in 5AT.

If FC is not a concern, you can also consider a 6th gen Accord (2.0L or 2.3L, 1998-2002). It will be more comfortable than those 3 option of yours and no slouch in terms of performance. Not to mention, it provides great handling and solid suspension.
    Last edited by Egan101; August 6th, 2014 at 03:43 PM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Baka puwede rin Mazda3 sa ganung price. I'd go with the Civic ES (Dimension) among your choices or maybe an Altis. The Lynx RS will be a good option if you long for a bigger engine. If going for the Civic ES, better go for redesigned models (2004-2005) if the budget allows it. There is also a 2.0L (K20) Civic ES that was released in 2004 & 2005 but it only comes in 5AT.

If FC is not a concern, you can also consider a 6th gen Accord (2.0L or 2.3L, 1998-2002). It will be more comfortable than those 3 option of yours and no slouch in terms of performance. Not to mention, it provides great handling and solid suspension.
    Thanks sa Reply Sir Egan101, a mazda 3 would be a sweet option but meron bang around 250k? :D and yes, kung civic es, the laters models yung gusto ko (1 liner grill made a lot of difference in terms of looks.. lol) that's why concern ako sa budget. I also came across the 2.0L civic es (RS dn ata name nun if hindi ako nagkakamali) but it is only available in tiptronic. (responisive ba yun? di pa kasi ako naka try ng tiptronic shifting car. and again. PRICE!!! lol)

For the accord, as much as possible sana model 2004 and up para medyo bago na ung magiging 2nd car ko. :D

Given yung 2 cars, Ford lynx RS and Civic ES, may idea po ba kayo sa FC ng 2 na to? at malaki po ba ang difference ng FC nila?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I would only go for manuals if I were you. And then again, since part of your route is highway, assuming that traffic conditions aren't bad, you can consider options with bigger engines.

Among your choices, I prefer the Civic the most in terms of looks. Being a Honda, it is also very receptive to mods, should you choose to go that route.

The Accord is a fine car indeed. Our 7th gen Accord 2.4A/T gets around 6-7km/L city, the 2.0 may get slightly more. Unfortunately, this model has no manual variant, which is only available upto the 6th gen(98-03).

With your budget, you can also consider the Hyundai Matrix. CRDi engine is the same as the one in the Accent and Getz. Very fast, very thrifty.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    The Lynx may give you more "smiles" per litre ........ IMHO

:D

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
200k to 250k budget. Ford Lynx RS, Honda Civic Dimension or Lancer Cedia?