New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    hi guys! need your help as i will be buying a car for the 1st time.

i've already decided on the model and agreed on the deal offered by the SA (it's 694k for the new vios 1.3 E A/T. got a 30-35k discount from list price of 720k). i have the cash to pay (so no financing), and i plan to issue a personal check.

i want to know what are the next steps? do i issue the check already? do i wait for the car papers to be signed first? or wait for the car to be delivered before paying anything? what's the usual step-by-step?

also, the quote above includes TPL, LTO registration already. are there any extra charges i should know about, like may mga extra taxes pa ba na kelangan bayaran, like i dont know, sales tax, delivery charges, etc?

thanks in advance for your help. appreciate it.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    sir mag reserve ka na lang muna, usually 5k ang reservation and also sir ask mo rin kung kasama na rin yung comprehensive insurance. wait din natin yung iba pang suggestion. Thanks. HTH

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    mag pay ka muna mga 10-50k cash, then pag ready to be picked up or ma-deliver yung unit, tsaka mo pay yung remaining balance, para marelease yung unit from casa, yeah ask mo yung SA mo kung dun sa price na yun e free nadin yung comprehensive insurance with the tpl at lto for 3years, yung discount na 30k talagang promo yun ng toyota til july 31, so ask for the usual free items like seat cover, tints and floor mats, kung may iba pa free, mas maganda...

then wait for your car or kunin mo na mismo sa casa, then wait mo OR, CR, and plates, registering your vehicle and getting your papers and plates from Lto toyota na gagawa nun, bayad ng tax sila nadin na manggaling ang pambayad dun sa binayad mo sa kanila. wala kana ibang babayaran kundi yung napagkasunduan nyong price.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    ahhh. this is useful! so:

1. pay a 10 - 50k fee first
    2. once they say ready for delivery, pay the full remaining balance
    3. get the car and only then will the papers be arranged?

did i get that correctly? akala ko pa naman ang bayaran ay pag ayos na ang lahat

yey, wala na pala tong mga hidden tax or charges! nag-quote naman sa akin with LTO, TPL (then i plan to get insurance from outside, once i have the car already).

thanks for the replies, and look forward to more

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sparks6818 View Post
    ahhh. this is useful! so:

1. pay a 10 - 50k fee first
    2. once they say ready for delivery, pay the full remaining balance
    3. get the car and only then will the papers be arranged?

did i get that correctly? akala ko pa naman ang bayaran ay pag ayos na ang lahat

yey, wala na pala tong mga hidden tax or charges! nag-quote naman sa akin with LTO, TPL (then i plan to get insurance from outside, once i have the car already).

thanks for the replies, and look forward to more
    yup, after delivery ng unit sa customer or pag masipag talaga e after ng full payment tsaka nila lalakarin yung registration sa LTO, kaya mga good 2 to 3 weeks mo pa wait registration papers mo,plates and stickers, wala ka muna coding

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Di ba kasali sa Toyota promo yung 1 year comprehensive insurance? This is what I got last month as part of the promo package

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sparks6818 View Post
    hi guys! need your help as i will be buying a car for the 1st time.

i've already decided on the model and agreed on the deal offered by the SA (it's 694k for the new vios 1.3 E A/T. got a 30-35k discount from list price of 720k). i have the cash to pay (so no financing), and i plan to issue a personal check.

i want to know what are the next steps? do i issue the check already? do i wait for the car papers to be signed first? or wait for the car to be delivered before paying anything? what's the usual step-by-step?

also, the quote above includes TPL, LTO registration already. are there any extra charges i should know about, like may mga extra taxes pa ba na kelangan bayaran, like i dont know, sales tax, delivery charges, etc?

thanks in advance for your help. appreciate it.

Congratulations,

Ask your SA if the dealership accept personal dated check, but Toyota
    accept only bank managers check, yan ang ginawa ko nong bumili ako
    ng Fortuner.(cash also). wala ka na gagawin, pumunta ka sa dealer(anong branch ba ng Toyota) bibigay mo ung bayad sa cashier kasama yong SA. aayusin lahat ng papeles, kasama na insurance yon na iuwi mona yong sasakyan

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    hi! the 1-year insurance was not free. i think sa mga financing, free. they did have an offer though, mga 23k for a year, with acts of god na. is that a good deal? i was thinking of getting it from outside, kasi i heard mas mura. ano ba usual cost ng compre insurance for a new vios? no idea ako.

so, to recap, pay reservation fee, then once the car is ready, pay the remaining balance. then wait for the papers. but registration and plates lang ung hihintayin ko di ba? dapat mabibigay na nila sa akin ung OR/CR? once I pay fully?

iniisip ko kasi what docs should i have with me FIRST, before I issue the full payment. Para naman may pinaghahawakan ako since i paid for the car fully, kahit na inaayos pa nila ung registration.

again, thanks for the help, and look forward to advice of experienced tsikoteers

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    As mine was financed by BDO, I made 50k down; waited for my unit to arrive, and paid the remaining amount of the 20% DP. Toyota paid for my registration and comprehensive insurance; I paid the chattel mortgage with BDO. Kinuha ko na unit and two weeks later my OR/CR (encumbered) and plate arrived. La nang binayaran pa.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Anong unit ang kinuha mo?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
1st time to buy a new car... next steps after a deal is agreed?