New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    budget of 1.6-1.8 - 3rd car - owns innova and altis already.

would like a nicer ride.

new 86?
    new wrx?

used '11-12 sti?
    legacy?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    It depends on what nice means for you. Kung porma and track-capable handling, BRZ. Kung track-ready speedy ride with 4 doors and a trunk, WRX. Kung comfort with a good deal of performance, Legacy GT. Kung all-around family vehicle with good deal of performance, Forester XT. Kung porma and comfort plus decent handling, Mazda6 or Accord.

If I have that amount of money, maybe I'd be looking at the Legacy GT wagon (with discounts) or Forester XT.
    Last edited by Egan101; August 30th, 2014 at 12:11 AM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    It depends on what nice means for you. Kung porma and track-capable handling, BRZ. Kung track-ready speedy ride with 4 doors and a trunk, WRX. Kung comfort with a good deal of performance, Legacy GT. Kung all-around family vehicle with good deal of performance, Forester XT. Kung porma and comfort plus decent handling, Mazda6 or Accord.

If I have that amount of money, maybe I'd be looking at the Legacy GT wagon (with discounts) or Forester XT.
    the brz/86 is a more track ready than the wrx. the wrx handles like a boat compared to the wrx.

anyway depends on your criteria of a nice car. if you want all out power then 2nd hand STi no doubt. brand new fast car that you'll rarely bring on the track then wrx. track ready car brz/86. legacy if you want combination of power and comfort.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    since may innova at altis ka na.. eh di kumpletohin mo na line up mo ng toyota 86...

may toyota auv - sedan - sports car...

i have that budget i'll go for a toyota 86 or brz or kung kaya Ford Mustang...

if you get toyota 86 and want to test its capabilities.. please lang sa race track mo ito subukan.. wag sa kalsada... dami ko nakikita na 86 na wasak kasi nag race sa kalsada ang mga timang.. sayang yung 86.. pwede din BRZ para maiba naman ang image...

kung gusto na talagang porma na malakas ang dating... get a muscle car in the form of Mustang.. kahit pa ano sabihin nila na kesyo panget handling or mabigat.. iba pa din ang commanding presence ng Mustang

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    1.8m?

Jimny - 800k... plus off-road mods... 900k.

City (MT) - 700k... plus supercharger 900k.

Tapos.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Define "nicer ride"? What would you mean by nice? Any preferences? Brand new only or open to 2nd hand? Would it be a fast sports car or an SUV?

If it were me, I prefer taller cars especially considering the poor state of a lot of our roads and the rainy season. I'd go for a Santa Fe M/T at 1.5M+ plus mods. Just a chip and intake will get you over 200whp, and you still get to retain great gas mileage.

If purely as a weekend toy car though, I'd go for the Legacy GT. The ride comfort and extra space are big bonuses besides the WRX engine.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

1.6-1.8