New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    mga sir tanung ko lang anu magandang brand ng tweeter pang palit sa stock tweeter ng lancer pizza pie? saka ok lang ba kung rekta ko na lang itap ang tweeter or need pa ng diode? TIA!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    1. Anything that fits your budget. Since tweeter lang habol mo, you'll be selecting from DIY drivers and mga "excess". Most car audio components comes with a midbass and a passive crossover pa kasi.

2. You can tap it to the stock wirings naman. It might be a good idea to throw in some protection in the form of a small-value capacitor between the tweeter and the wirings though (just to be extra safe).

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    gamit ko konzert tweeter ..at hindi po diode ung nilalagay dun NONPOLAR capasitors nonpolarity capasitor 2.2microfarad sa akin

4. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    ah so ok lang po pala na rekta tap na siya? kapag po ba nilagyan ng diode lalakas ba ang tunog niya?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypee10 View Post
    gamit ko konzert tweeter ..at hindi po diode ung nilalagay dun NONPOLAR capasitors nonpolarity capasitor 2.2microfarad sa akin
    sir may picture ka diyan ng tweeter mo?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    1. Anything that fits your budget. Since tweeter lang habol mo, you'll be selecting from DIY drivers and mga "excess". Most car audio components comes with a midbass and a passive crossover pa kasi.

2. You can tap it to the stock wirings naman. It might be a good idea to throw in some protection in the form of a small-value capacitor between the tweeter and the wirings though (just to be extra safe).
    ah so ok lang po pala na rekta tap na siya? kapag po ba nilagyan ng diode lalakas ba ang tunog niya?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Not diode. Non polar capacitor dapat. 2.2uF.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    No. A cap will not do anything that will affect its volume.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I don't mean to hijack this thread but since the subject is "Tweeter", I might as well ask...

If the frequency response of a tweeter is spec'd 4Khz-23Khz, and using the1st order high pass filter reference table from Passive Crossovers 4 Ohm Reference Charts, does this mean I have to use a 10uF bipolar capacitor (4Khz 1st order HPF) to protect the tweeter? Do I risk damaging the tweeter (assuming high crossover settings were accidentally or inadvertantly changed outside the freq response of the tweeter) if I used, say a 15uF bipolar capacitor (~2500Khz 1st order HPF)?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    ^the capacitor is not for protection. it is used as high-pass filter, i.e. it lets high frequency pass and blocks low frequency.

why need to block the low frequency? because (1) the woofer is already handling bass reproduction (low frequency) and (2) tweeters are designed and best used for treble reproduction (high frequency).

you will not damage the tweeter by using 15uF capacitor. by using 15uF capacitor, you are passing 2.5kHz and above frequency to the tweeter. because the tweeter is spec'd at 4kHz-23kHz, the tweeter will play 2.5kHz to 4kHz softly, i.e. below normal volume level.

what can damage speakers (woofer, midrange and tweeter) are excessive sustained power and overdriven (clipping) amplifiers; not the audio frequency being sent to them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast