New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would like to share this article to my fellow tsikoteers.

Tsikot shop taguig is already offering sound deadening service.

only P550 per sheet per door, and it already comes with free installation.

Introduction

There are various forms of sound deadening materials on the market current. Every from spray on to peel and stick products. For this article we will focus on the peel and stick product that comes in sheets and is applied with an adhesive on the back of the sheet. This deadening is more difficult to work with, but much more effective than the spray-on type. It is usually used on larger areas, or where more deadening is needed.

Sound deadening can be an expensive thing to do but a smart installer will advise on the best possible application to ensure you get the best value for your investment.

How to begin

The easiest way to determine where to apply the deadener is also the simplest. Take you car for a drive with the radio off. Now carefully listen to where most of the noise in the vehicle comes from. The most common areas are around the wheel wells, the firewall area, doors, roof and the boot of the vehicle. Most modern vehicles have fairly good carpeting installed but the floor of the vehicle can still be a source of noise.

Now make a list of these areas and decide which are the most important to you. This should give you a good starting point with your installer. Discuss with him what you have experienced as well as your budget and work from there. The installer will be able to tell you how much product you will need. Personally I recommend starting with the doors and then repeat the above process afterwards. Careful though. Sound deadening can be addictive.

Once you have sorted out the doors go for another drive. This time turn on the radio and see how much of a difference the deadening has made to the overall quality of the system. Now there is a good chance that you will find some rattles you havn’t noticed before. Its a good idea to get a little extra deadener just incase you need to bulk up on certain areas.

What else does sound deadening do?

Apart from the obvious silencing of road noise, sound deadening also help to a great extent in reducing panel vibrations in a vehicle. A good example of this when you upgrade the door speakers in your vehicle. The original manufacturer never intended for the vehicle to be equipped with high power drivers so the panel has not been designed to accommodate the extra power from the speaker and is therefor prone to vibrating and flexing due to induced resonance from the speaker. By adding sound deadener to this panel you effectively add mass to the panel and in turn reduce the resonant frequency of the panel. The speaker will now perform better thanks to the additional weight of the panel and reduced vibrations in the panel.

The quickest way to fix this issue is to just cut out a ring of sound deadening material and applying it to the area where you mount the speaker. Make sure the baffle and speaker is bolted down properly. Now have a listen to the system again. You should hear an immediate improvement. If the difference is not noticable try applying more deadener around the speaker and the baffle it mounts on. Each additional piece of deadener will add mass to the panel.

You might now notice that the door panel itself (plastic outer panel) is buzzing or vibrating when the midbass driver plays lower frequencies. Its a good idea to apply sound deadener on the inside of the panel. You don’t have to cover the whole panel either. Just add pieces to the biggest flat areas of the panel to add some mass. Keep adding and testing until you find the buzzing is no longer audible.

Moving on

Once you are happy with the doors you can move onto other areas of the vehicle. The next logical area to deaden is the boot of the vehicle followed by the wheel arches. Doing the boot will reduce a lot of road noise and help to increase sub bass response if the vehicle is fitted with a sub woofer.

I really hope this first installment in the art of sound deadening will be helpful. In our next article we will do a quick tutorial on how to apply the deadener to the door itself and how the speaker baffle should be treated to ensure the best possible response from the speaker.
    siurce The importance of sound deadening in car audio | The Audiozine - The definitive resource for car audio & electronics in South Africa

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I will post sample pictures here.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Sir san po location nyo? Ano pa mga services na inoofer nyo? May site po ba kayo? Salamat.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    How much po average price para sa trunk ng Sedan?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Boss could i get your contact number and business address. Thank you=)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTS925 View Post
    How much po average price para sa trunk ng Sedan?
    kung yung trunk lang sir 2 sheets, kung kasama yung left and right side sa loob yung natatakpan ng carpet 2 sheets din po.total 4 sheets or 2.2k

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    sir jedi ano pong brand yung ginagamit nyong deadening?

magkano po kung papalagay ako sa tailgate lang ng santa fe 2010?

Wala pong brand yung sound deadener na ginagamit namin, yung iba, ang tawag dito is OEM sound deadener because the materials used is the same as the materials used in some europian cars like BMW's and mercedes benz. Ang pinagkaiba lang is yung application kung pano ito i-install, we used heat gun to apply heat to maximize the effect during application, so talagang kapit na kapit kung san man sya i-a apply.

Sa tail gate na starex, umabot ng apat na sheet, for maximum effect, 149db sound pressure level, wala kang maririnig na kalampag. Siguro, sa Santa fe, 2 sheet lang pwede na, 550per sheet kasama install.
    Last edited by tsikotshop; August 24th, 2011 at 10:21 PM. Reason: misspell

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tsikotshop View Post
    Wala pong brand yung sound deadener na ginagamit namin, yung iba, ang tawag dito is OEM sound deadener because the materials used is the same as the materials used in some europian cars like BMW's and mercedes benz. Ang pinagkaiba lang is yung application kung pano ito i-install, we used heat gun to apply heat to maximize the effect during application, so talagang kapit na kapit kung san man sya i-a apply.

Sa tail gate na starex, umabot ng apat na sheet, for maximum effect, 149db sound pressure level, wala kang maririnig na kalampag. Siguro, sa Santa fe, 2 sheet lang pwede na, 550per sheet kasama install.
    thanks sir. tignan ko na lang yung deadening nyo pag dumating na yung gps/sms tracker nyo. umorder ako kay sir jedi for installation kaso di pa daw available.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    hmmm... parang gusto ko magpa deadening ngayon sa tsikotshop ah.... :D

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Sound Deadening / Deadener Tips