New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    The guys here are experts, check your installation first.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Most oem speakers are Full range speakers. They have more crisp sound perfect for any application. They also deliver more bass compared to an aftermarket speakers using the stock hu.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlo Castillo View Post
    sir I will try the method of flattening the dsp settings. im just thinking how tiresome it would be to do that every time i turn on the stereo.

I have been researching my possible options, something more permanent to address the weak bass without installing a cumbersome subwoofer at the trunk. Im wondering if an underseat powered subwoofer would be the more permanent solution???? Please your advice sirs on this idea. Thanks again
    Fix your installation.

Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Most oem speakers are Full range speakers. They have more crisp sound perfect for any application. They also deliver more bass compared to an aftermarket speakers using the stock hu.
    Actually, this is incorrect nowadays. In the 90s, most cars do come with full-range speakers complete with a wheezer cone. If you have a 6x9 driver, you still probably fall in this category. However since the early 2000s, most OEM speakers are separates nowadays. Even a 2006 Mazda 3 is outfitted with midbass and tweeter drivers on their respective stock locations.

As they are full-range, they are a jack-of-all-trades-but-master-of-none type of drivers. The largest plus would be coherency.. but everything else is a con which includes dynamics (crispiness) and extension. However, they are typically overshadowed by coaxial designs. Speakers from the likes of Tannoy, Altec, and KEF are often considered to be the forefront of point-source drivers (which is the #1 big plus of full range drivers)

The only time you can deliver more bass is if you are louder than Speaker B. If stock OEM driver is more sensitive than aftermarket, then it'll be louder given a certain volume level. However, bass output is different from bass extension. Your OEM can't dig deep down - you have too short of a voice coil, just a couple of mm of excursion, etc.
    Last edited by jhnkvn; August 22nd, 2014 at 02:52 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by markygy View Post
    I wonder if the TS is getting all this information that we are posting.

Kamusta na ang tunog? Did you at least follow one of our advice?
    sir i have already tried what you advised. yes mas lumakas po yung bass kayalang its does not sound as good as the stock set up before.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    To the TS,

A good friend of mine once had a similar issue as yours and went on a hunt for a good sound setup even extending his budget far beyond his initial limit. After spending a hefty amount of money and a couple of changes in his set up I noticed that he didn't seem to reach any sort of contentment with any of the changes. Then it dawned on me, when he busted his speakers he was driving them at higher volume and being always in that platform of music playing I suggested to have his ears checked. Lo and behold it was the culprit after all. Some people have a lower threshold than others and also some have a unique and distinctive trait of being able to withstand prolonged exposure to higher volume of music like musicians and the like. I'm not saying you are becoming deaf but is it possible that your hearing reception may have had some changes?
    Last edited by willyfernando; August 27th, 2014 at 10:13 AM. Reason: addendum

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by willyfernando View Post
    To the TS,

A good friend of mine once had a similar issue as yours and went on a hunt for a good sound setup even extending his budget far beyond his initial limit. After spending a hefty amount of money and a couple of changes in his set up I noticed that he didn't seem to reach any sort of contentment with any of the changes. Then it dawned on me, when he busted his speakers he was driving them at higher volume and being always in that platform of music playing I suggested to have his ears checked. Lo and behold it was the culprit after all. Some people have a lower threshold than others and also some have a unique and distinctive trait of being able to withstand prolonged exposure to higher volume of music like musicians and the like. I'm not saying you are becoming deaf but is it possible that your hearing reception may have had some changes?
    I would've agreed with you, except that he mentioned that the stock speakers sounded better. If he can deduce that the stock speakers have more oomph compared to the new splits, that's as near to an actual A-B test, IMO. I don't think it's a problem with his hearing.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I would've agreed with you, except that he mentioned that the stock speakers sounded better. If he can deduce that the stock speakers have more oomph compared to the new splits, that's as near to an actual A-B test, IMO. I don't think it's a problem with his hearing.
    Oops, sorry for the wrong word, I meant perception not reception. We do experience changes in our perception of sound as we age, or as we tune in to our preferences. We can even adjust our focal concentration at times on a certain instrument or voice in a song and at times would lose it altogether. I use to love the sound of deep bass when I was younger but seem to get migraines from it now that I'm older. On the contrary, I now love to listen to old recordings of John Coltrane and Ella Fitzgerald. Call it aging but even my choices of hardware have change since to suit my current music preference. The TS also mentioned that the same right speaker gave out a few months after the rewind job. Could it be that his HU has a problem with one of it's line out connection or the amp right side circuit is starting to fault? Nevertheless it is good to know that the TS is increasing his level of awareness in music sound quality. Cheers!
    Last edited by willyfernando; August 27th, 2014 at 01:07 PM. Reason: name misspelled

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    sir i have already tried what you advised. yes mas lumakas po yung bass kayalang its does not sound as good as the stock set up before.
    Not as good or not as loud?

How about double checking all the wires that goes to the individual speakers, tama ba lahat ang positive and negative connections? Did you use a spacer when you mounted those mid-bass drivers on the door?

Don't worry if you find these installation tips a bit of a hassle to do. No matter what other gears you plan to
    install in the future, if you did not get these right, babalik at babalik ka pa rin dito.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    yup the wires were checked tama naman po. spacer? di ko sir sure but we used the original mounting of the stock speaker kaya ginupit namin yung stock speaker para magamit yung mounting nya. mas lumakas po yung bass when i turned the dsp to flat pero ang pangit po ng tunog kasi nawala yung treble parang naging msyado dry. mas maganda pa din yung stock speakers. anyway im planning to install a powered subwoofer right now im contemplating getting an infinity audio basslink 200watt or a nakamichi 12 inch powered sub. the former costs 13k while the latter costs 8.5k. ano po kaya sirs ang maganda?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    yup the wires were checked tama naman po. spacer? di ko sir sure but we used the original mounting of the stock speaker kaya ginupit namin yung stock speaker para magamit yung mounting nya. mas lumakas po yung bass when i turned the dsp to flat pero ang pangit po ng tunog kasi nawala yung treble parang naging msyado dry. mas maganda pa din yung stock speakers. anyway im planning to install a powered subwoofer right now im contemplating getting an infinity audio basslink 200watt or a nakamichi 12 inch powered sub. the former costs 13k while the latter costs 8.5k. ano po kaya sirs ang maganda?
    Teka before I give my opinion on which is a better subs....
    You mean totally nawawala ang treble sa tweeters when you turn the dsp to flat? What happens if you don't turn off the DSP, bumabalik ba ang tunog nang tweeters?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast