New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Sirs just want to ask for your advice on this matter. We have a 2008 honda civic fd. The stock sound system is pretty good and I love the way it produces the bass. The right front speaker eventually gave out and I DIY'd it. I had it re-winded and it sounded the way it was before. After about half a year the same speaker gave out again. A friend of mine advised me to consider upgrading the front speakers to a "separates". So I had them replaced with firland audio separates. Im not exactly sure about the model number. Anyway after the upgrade I noticed that the sound bass that the stock speaker produced was not there anymore, After the upgrade halos wala na ako maramdaman na bass puro treble nalang, kahit pa i negative ko na yung treble at i lakas ko yung volume very minimal nalang yung bass. So it turned out the way i hear it that mas maganda pa yung dating stock speakers sa separates. My question mga sirs it may remedyo o paraan po ba na lumakas kahit konti yung bass without installing a subwoofer. Ayaw ko po kasi ng may subwoofer box sa trunk. May paraan po ba na "matimpla" yung separates ko para lumakas nman yung bass. Napansin ko nga din po pla that after the upgrade eh hindi ko na marinig halos yung stock speakers sa likod. Please po bigyan nyo ako ng advice at parang nagsisisi yta ako dun sa 5k na binayad ko sa upgrade. thank you and more power sa tsikot.com

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Most separates need a larger input power than your stock stereo can handle - meaning an amplifier is almost always needed (AFAIK). Meron ako nung Targa seps, nung hinihintay ko pa yung amplifier ko eh dinerekta ko muna sa head unit, gumagana naman kaso sobrang hina. Nung ni-wire ko na sa amplifier dun na gumanda at lumakas yung tunog nya.

So probably your separates are not receiving enough power. Either balik ka sa stock speakers or bili ka amplifier. Suggest ko amp route para in case you want to upgrade madali na lang.

Not really an audio guru pero dumaan kasi ako dito

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    The stock HU, by way of a factory-set DSP setting, is matched to the stock speakers.

You can temporarily disable the DSP using the following procedure:
    1. On the stock HU, press and hold buttons 4 and 6 then power on
    2. Release all buttons and press 4 once (you'll see on the display that it says DSP flat)
    3. Power off then on again and you'll hear a bit more bass

Note: The system will reset to factory DSP when you turn the key off. You will have to do the steps above every time you turn on the radio for the first time after turning the key.

The purpose of the factory DSP is to protect the stock speakers from excessive bass. If you still have stock speakers at the back, be mindful of your volume setting. As a work around, you can adjust the fader to give more front bias.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Follow what sir oj88 mentioned. Turn off the factory DSP and let the passive filters from your seps do the filtering.

If those are brand new set of speakers, just be more patient until those speakers break-in.

One more thing to improve the mid-bass response on those speakers. If you didn't install a spacer, use one. The spacer will re-enforce on how your speaker is mounted and if budget permits deaden the door.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    kaya hindi mo gaano marinig ung sa likod eh lumutang ung tunog mo sa front.
    baka naman baliktad lang ung kabit ng wire sa speaker kaya ayw bumigay ng magnda ung tunog.minsan kasi kahit na sundin mo ung polarilty ng speaker eh sumasablay din kung minsan,kaunting timpla lang yan sa setting ng HU mo fader.at balance..

6. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ParticleX View Post
    Most separates need a larger input power than your stock stereo can handle - meaning an amplifier is almost always needed (AFAIK). Meron ako nung Targa seps, nung hinihintay ko pa yung amplifier ko eh dinerekta ko muna sa head unit, gumagana naman kaso sobrang hina. Nung ni-wire ko na sa amplifier dun na gumanda at lumakas yung tunog nya.

So probably your separates are not receiving enough power. Either balik ka sa stock speakers or bili ka amplifier. Suggest ko amp route para in case you want to upgrade madali na lang.

Not really an audio guru pero dumaan kasi ako dito
    If I indeed need an amplifier, what type or brand yung pinaka affordable and at the same time yung hindi makakasakop ng space. Kasi po ayaw ko sana talaga na may mabago dun sa kotse. Meaning yung pinaka hindi "invasive" na set up. Furthermore, kung talaga po na kailangan ko mag amplifier doest that mean kailangan ko din i upgrade yung stock speakers sa likod? Thanks po sa mga advice really appreciate it, zero zero po kasi ako sa audio.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    pa-ride na lang sa thread: kung iyong mga regular 3-way speaker ng pioneer for the front doors ng fd, ok ba ang output kung stock pa din ang hu?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlo Castillo View Post
    If I indeed need an amplifier, what type or brand yung pinaka affordable and at the same time yung hindi makakasakop ng space. Kasi po ayaw ko sana talaga na may mabago dun sa kotse. Meaning yung pinaka hindi "invasive" na set up. Furthermore, kung talaga po na kailangan ko mag amplifier doest that mean kailangan ko din i upgrade yung stock speakers sa likod? Thanks po sa mga advice really appreciate it, zero zero po kasi ako sa audio.
    Have you tried yung mga suggestions nung iba na DSP-related? Could be a simple settings problem.

Cheapest way eh i-try mo ibalik yung stock speakers para macheck where the problem lies. Nung araw na pina-install mo yung seps until today ganyan pa rin ba ang output? Tinanong nyo na po ba yung installer nyo kung bakit mahina tunog?

Paging jhnkvn.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    *Baludoy,
    Yes sir, turn the DSP settings to flat to enjoy those pioneer 3 way speakers.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ i used to do that all the time until i got too lazy doing it all the time

thanks bro!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast