New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Kinda OT: I am learning a lot from this thread. I am planning to replace the stock 6.5s on the Vios with Targa X652Cs para magka-tweeter naman ako (Es don't have tweeters). Very low budget lang so no amps. Replacing the HU is out of the question because the kumander want to keep it as stock as possible.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Kinda OT: I am learning a lot from this thread. I am planning to replace the stock 6.5s on the Vios with Targa X652Cs para magka-tweeter naman ako (Es don't have tweeters). Very low budget lang so no amps. Replacing the HU is out of the question because the kumander want to keep it as stock as possible.
    Finally!

I have been also toying with this idea for the longest time.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    1. On the stock HU, press and hold buttons 4 and 6 then power on
    2. Release all buttons and press 4 once (you'll see on the display that it says DSP flat)
    3. Power off then on again and you'll hear a bit more bass
    Will this work on a stock Toyota HU?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    I don't think our stock HU is as high tech as that We can set everything back to 0 after replacing the speakers and work from there.

Kung di ako tamarin I'll take some shots of the surgery. Planning to do this next month pa naman.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Probably not. But it shouldn't stop you from giving it a go.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Targa X652C sa akin, dinirekta ko sa head unit - mahina and onting onti ang bass. Nung nagkaron lang ako ng amplifier saka lang gumanda output.

Pero kasi generic ang headunit ko, so baka kulang sa power output. Kung sa shop ka magpapakabit at least dun ma-audition mo different speakers within your budget. DIY lang kasi sa akin.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Kahit normal listening volume lang? No plans of boom boom naman. I just want to improve the sound a bit. Those stock magnets are tiny!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    My music volume is pegged at 8 lang when driving.

Yeah, just a bit more clarity is what I want to achieve also.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by markygy View Post
    I wonder if the TS is getting all this information that we are posting.

Kamusta na ang tunog? Did you at least follow one of our advice?
    sir I will try the method of flattening the dsp settings. im just thinking how tiresome it would be to do that every time i turn on the stereo.

I have been researching my possible options, something more permanent to address the weak bass without installing a cumbersome subwoofer at the trunk. Im wondering if an underseat powered subwoofer would be the more permanent solution???? Please your advice sirs on this idea. Thanks again

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlo Castillo View Post
    sir I will try the method of flattening the dsp settings. im just thinking how tiresome it would be to do that every time i turn on the stereo.

I have been researching my possible options, something more permanent to address the weak bass without installing a cumbersome subwoofer at the trunk. Im wondering if an underseat powered subwoofer would be the more permanent solution???? Please your advice sirs on this idea. Thanks again
    IMO, I think your planning way to far ahead with your plans of installing an under the seat type subs.
    I recommend trying out all the advices posted here first. You might be running around in circles if you didn't get the installation right to begin with. When you're done then that's the time to consider installing a under the seat subs.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast