New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hi,

1) How do you find Growl Audio compared to others like AVT and others?
    2) Is Windows based better than Android based, what are the pros and cons?

Wala kasi akong makitang reviews for Growl, and their FB is not really updated.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Windows ce ang os ng growl, which makes it able to run Garmin software. Free din ang map updates sa growl, punta ka lang sa kanila. Di pa ko nagtry pa-upgrade ng map, maybe this month kung sipagin. What i do not like is that the default language is chinese. Pag di mo na set ng maayos ang gps then you open it and it will be in chinese. Manghuhula ka ngayon anong icon ang dapat mo pindutin to get to the set up utility so you can set the language to english.

What i read before about avt e hirap sila looking for maps updates. Not sure about now baka nagbago na. Chinese din yata origin nito so expect chinese to be the default language also.

Ok naman ang growl, it can read even the worst pirated dvd. The only complaint is the usb, pag malaki ang usb like 8gig matagal siya magbasa. Need mo din ng good quality usb, pero that is a given naman na kasi bakit ka bibili ng class 6 kung konti lang difference sa class 10. Yung sd card reader nya ok naman, kahit 16gig kayang basahin. Di ko pa na-try sa 32gig sd card so yun wala ako alam. Yung ipod/iphone connection nya nasa loob ng glove box, same as aux in. Some like it that way since nakatago, me i don't care since i do not use apple products. My samsung phone connects to the usb.

Radio is as good as any radio.

Sound quality, well presets lang ang adjustments - rock, classical, jazz, pop then bass and trebel, and loud (more bass). Ok naman, lalo na pag nagpalit ka ng speakers. Pero don't go looking for something like sound quality ng pioneer, growl is a china product and we get what we pay for.

Touch screen is easy, sensitive enough for a car hu. Hindi siya ipad or galaxy note kaya wag ka maghanap ng ganun ka responsive na touch screen. And it is lcd, not led. Good contrast even in broad daylight and lightly tinted windows.

Back up camera is very good even at night, and di nasisilaw ng headlights ng kotse sa likod.

Wala siyang back-up battery/capacitor for the memory, so pag na-disconnect ang battery ng car (during pms, for example) e burado lahat ng settings mo.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Yeb, ilan ba pre-outs ng Growl Audio? If I remember, it's two pre-outs and a subwoofer out right?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Do they have many models or is it generally just the one model but customized per OEM brand? Too bad they dont keep their FB page updated and dont really have a website for easier access to info. I think someone had mentioned they have an Android version already... i'll give them a call tomorrow and see what's up.

What other alternatives do we have to Growl, or is this really the best mix of price, function and features?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Yeb, ilan ba pre-outs ng Growl Audio? If I remember, it's two pre-outs and a subwoofer out right?
    if i remember right then you are right, 2 pre-outs and 1 subwoofer.

meron din pala siya inputs for steering wheel controls, and if there are existing usb and ipod connection ports in your car those can be connected also. Kaso tamad yung installer nila ayaw i-konek at mahirap daw.

Nung nagpakabit ako, which was 1-1/2 years ago iisa lang model, different panels lang for different car models.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by LoBudget View Post
    Hi,

1) How do you find Growl Audio compared to others like AVT and others?
    2) Is Windows based better than Android based, what are the pros and cons?

Wala kasi akong makitang reviews for Growl, and their FB is not really updated.
    For me I prefer the Windows based touch screen head units. Unless you're in America or in China, the maps for GPS apps available in Android (that have Philippine-based maps) don't get updated as much as those running Windows CE. For me, the best navigation app available for Android is Sygic but they have not had map updates for the Philippines since last year.

Actually the AVN map updates are very up-to-date. Their maps are from iNav, and ang default language niya is English. The good thing about the iNav site is that whenever they update the maps they list the things that they have added like new dealership locations or lists of cities that have opened new roads.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Hi, buhayin ko lang ang thread na ito... I am really considering buying Growl. Kamusta naman ang TV reception while the car is moving?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    I just purchased Growl this week. Aesthetics is good for the dashboard. I also had my audio setup para mas maappreciate ko sya. Sygic map update lang ang problem sya ang only covers Metro Manila.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    I also just purchased a Growl HU to replace the Panasonic HU on my Altis 2014, mainly for its GPS function and DVD/movie player on top of the radio. Before the replacement, sound quality was already bad, probably due to the low quality speakers. After the replacement, bass became noticeable but the higher and mid frequencies were still flat. I'll replace the stock speakers (paper cone) with Rockford Fosgate (Mylar cone): separates for the front and 3-way co-axial for the rear that I salvaged from my old CRV.

Any suggestions for a shop that can install my Rockford Fosgates? Some shop that does professional installation. By professional, I mean, a shop whose employees use gloves to avoid smudging the car's surfaces, among others.

By the way, TV reception is poor. I guess it will improve once digital broadcast goes on line. I'm sure a digital module should be available as an add-on to my Growl HU.

I was told that the HU can only read avi video files. So I need to convert all my mp4 files to avi.

More, it takes a long time to read files on my 8gb USB stick. I haven't tried the SD slot.

What did you mean upgrading of Accumap is available only for MM?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    I used Polk Audio MM651 + Sound Magus. I left the rear stocked as I read from previous post of Sir John. Way better than stock audio.

USB really takes sometime to read same with SD card. I think you need to give it a minute or two to read the cards. Comparing Sygic GPS vs INAV, mas masarap gamitin ang INAV kasi mas updated sila. This is based on my experience since I using both on my cars.

I tried to look for Sygic Map update, I can't locate it. It will be better to coordinate with Growl on this matter.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast