New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Hi fellow members,

Does anyone know where i can buy used/brandnew parts for a Hyundai Genesis 2.0T, 2009 model. I specifically need the radio lcd display. Mine broke yesterday, the display would not show anything but the radio controls and music works perfectly fine.

See picture below this is exactly what I need. I found alot of surplus parts on enbay like this one 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2 0T Turbo Radio Media LCD Display Screen 8 | eBay
    but shipping would be too expensive. Before I even consider having it shipped from abroad, maybe our fellow members know a place where i can find one? I heard Banawe is a good place to start, I dont know any suggestions?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    you might try banawe or evangelista, but be prepared to buy the entire unit. i don't think these katay centers are interested in selling you just the lcd... what will they do with the rest of the unit? no one will buy an lcd-less unit..

but if you are not a fanatic, consider replacing the entire unit..

btw, perhaps the display isn't busted. sometimes, the problem is loose connection only. maybe an electronics repairman can fix it..

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Better to check the connections first.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    No longer under warranty?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Mura lang shipping pag ganun ka-liit. Baka less than 1k via Air parcel post.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    I will take your advice and have the lcd checked by an electronics expert. Shipping and handling can reach around 5k-10k and I have read alot of feedback that items shipped internationally often do not get to you in working condition, sometimes doesn't even get to you. I will head over to Evangelista later to test out my luck on this.

Hyundai Pasong Tamo quoted me P33,000 for the lcd display. The warranty only covers up to 2 years (I bought mine back in 2009). I hope all goes well later. As much as possible I don't want to have to replace the whole radio unit

I appreciate all your efforts on this and will keep you posted of my findings to help out any other consumer with the same problem.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    no luck in Evangelista, but I managed to go to a shop there were someone knew how to pry open the lcd unit from the dashboard. As we took the lcd out, we didn't notice anything unusual, so we plugged out and plugged in the wires again, and the lcd still isn't showing the other half of the display. I'm going to have to order this online.

Thank you for all your help!