New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    hello everyone. 2013 city 1.5e owner here. nag play ako ng cd sa stereo kaso hindi ko alam kung paano iis-stop ang cd music. meron po bang stop button ang stereo ng city 1.5e o diretso cd eject kaagad? i looked at the manual walang nabanggit kung nasaan ang stop button sa stereo ng city 1.5E. i tried posting on honda page, but no one is answering my question.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    siguro you post some pictures of your HU.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jdjoeydean View Post
    siguro you post some pictures of your HU.
    Here are the pics of my stereo unit. sana may makatulong sa akin na i-determine kung nasaan ang stop button pag nagpe-play ng cd. wala kasi sa manual na naka-indicate.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    ganito gawa ko sa HU ko (not honda)...
    while playing cd, choose other source to play, FM, AM, or USB.
    the CD will automatically stop. some HU really don't have STOP buttons in them, simply to keep the music
    playing (clever isn't it?). However, most REMOTE CONTROLLERS do have the STOP button.
    check it out. hth

5. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by joemarski View Post
    ganito gawa ko sa HU ko (not honda)...
    while playing cd, choose other source to play, FM, AM, or USB.
    the CD will automatically stop. some HU really don't have STOP buttons in them, simply to keep the music
    playing (clever isn't it?). However, most REMOTE CONTROLLERS do have the STOP button.
    check it out. hth
    After pressing fm/am button, pwede ko na bang i-press ang cd eject? safe ba pag ganon ang gagawin ko? safe din ba sa stereo if i will leave my disk inside the unit then sabay off?

Walang remote na kasama sa honda city 1.5e.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I'll answer you based on my experiences and hmmmnnn a little on the "know- hows" ng mga HUs.
    Hope that some pros will share a piece o' their minds too...

Unless I want AM or FM sounds, I don't press the AM/FM button. I just press the CD EJECT button then
    remove the CD. Actually, most CD or DVD players are already equipped with "safety features".
    Works like this: press the EJECT button - (internal) the LASER EYE moves back home - shuts the eye OFF -
    stops the turning of the disc - EJECTS the disc - finally shuts down the CD operation.
    In this case, I'll say simply press the EJECT button then turn it off. It's safe.
    In some models, if you are in CD mode and you eject your CD, your HU will automatically turn off seconds after the
    CD came out. I guess your unit requires you to press the ON/OFF button.

I don't leave CDs inside the players. Some players have the AUTO DETECT SYSTEM, well, most of them.
    Once the HU turns on, this sytem turns all the gears and the eye inside your player. The eye moves quickly
    back and forth. That's why you'll see on the display some CD details, i.e. CD title, CD format, artist name,
    playing time, etc. Yup, the laser eye is a quick reader... but all of these movements will shorten the life of the
    belts and gears inside the player. the belts, around 4 pieces will cost around 200kesos, labor: hmmmnn...
    I'll just say make it a habit to take out your CDs out of the player.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by joemarski View Post
    I'll answer you based on my experiences and hmmmnnn a little on the "know- hows" ng mga HUs.
    Hope that some pros will share a piece o' their minds too...

Unless I want AM or FM sounds, I don't press the AM/FM button. I just press the CD EJECT button then
    remove the CD. Actually, most CD or DVD players are already equipped with "safety features".
    Works like this: press the EJECT button - (internal) the LASER EYE moves back home - shuts the eye OFF -
    stops the turning of the disc - EJECTS the disc - finally shuts down the CD operation.
    In this case, I'll say simply press the EJECT button then turn it off. It's safe.
    In some models, if you are in CD mode and you eject your CD, your HU will automatically turn off seconds after the
    CD came out. I guess your unit requires you to press the ON/OFF button.

I don't leave CDs inside the players. Some players have the AUTO DETECT SYSTEM, well, most of them.
    Once the HU turns on, this sytem turns all the gears and the eye inside your player. The eye moves quickly
    back and forth. That's why you'll see on the display some CD details, i.e. CD title, CD format, artist name,
    playing time, etc. Yup, the laser eye is a quick reader... but all of these movements will shorten the life of the
    belts and gears inside the player. the belts, around 4 pieces will cost around 200kesos, labor: hmmmnn...
    I'll just say make it a habit to take out your CDs out of the player.
    Thank you sir for your very nice input.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    pwede siguro pindutin ung CD/USB para matigil sa pag ikot si cd para ma detect naman si USB /
    paano naman kung USB gusto kong patugtugin..

i eject si CD at si USB naman ang piliin...paano kung gusto ko naman i stop si USB...pindutin ulit si CD,,komo walang laman na CD,,

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypee10 View Post
    pwede siguro pindutin ung CD/USB para matigil sa pag ikot si cd para ma detect naman si USB /
    paano naman kung USB gusto kong patugtugin..

i eject si CD at si USB naman ang piliin...paano kung gusto ko naman i stop si USB...pindutin ulit si CD,,komo walang laman na CD,,
    At the face of the HU, you will see what we'll simply call CONTROL BUTTONS (FM/AM, CD/USB, REW/FWD, PLAY,
    ON/OFF, PLAY, MENU, etc.).
    At the back of these CONTROL BUTTONS (inside the HU), you'll find MINI/MICRO PUSHBUTTONS. These
    are NORMALLY- OPEN pushbuttons that have a normal operating life of about 20,000 or more pushes. More than
    the life span of the switches inside your cell phones.

I'm telling this to say that its SAFE pushing these buttons a thousand times, and the only way to clear all the doubts
    and questions in your mind is for you to operate the HU yourself.
    Don't worry. Your HU doesn't have a SELF- DESTRUCT BUTTON.