New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I just bought a BMW x1 pre owned, the problem is that it doesnt come with a projector headlight, is there aftermarket here in the philippines? or if i put HID what is the best brand for it that dont need programming?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Sir, try mo mag inquire about HID kay GaryQ. He has a dedicated thread here or you can check his website www.hidretrofit.net

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Last edited by larry0609; June 28th, 2014 at 09:39 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    You can inquire with the dealership itself if they can install xenon headlamps for you
    You will keep your warranty and resale value but it will be quite expensive

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    You can inquire with the dealership itself if they can install xenon headlamps for you
    You will keep your warranty and resale value but it will be quite expensive
    Let say ill purchase OEM Projector Headlight in Dubai will it still works if i plug and play it?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    BMW X1 is my love now....

6. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth Garcia View Post
    Let say ill purchase OEM Projector Headlight in Dubai will it still works if i plug and play it?
    You have to ask a BMW Technician about that or you can research in BMW forums like bimmerfest or bimmerpost

Headlights vary depending on LHD or RHD

Edit: A bit tricky though, try getting a quotation from a BMW Casa on upgraded HLs, record the part number, research part number in ebay :lalala:

7. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    If you will install bi-xenons even it is oem it has to be coded because it was not originally installed on your SAV or else the computer will recognize it as failed headlight and will bug you all the time which is very annoying. If you will install non- oem aftermarket your bmw dealer will refuse to code it.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    I also plan to install another set of bixenons on the middle and on the fogs, i have the lci so it's already a bixenon. Try gary he's done bimmers quad xenon.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    anyone installed racechip with their x1? any feedback? pros and cons longterm use? Chiptuning of RaceChip - the Powerbox for safe motor tuning

10. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth Garcia View Post
    anyone installed racechip with their x1? any feedback? pros and cons longterm use? Chiptuning of RaceChip - the Powerbox for safe motor tuning
    Bro be very careful with race chips as easy as they say it is to use "plug n play" I've heard horror stories about the engine getting fkd up because of the race chip.... Though I also want to install one, I'm still researching about it's pros and cons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast