Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Default Re: E10 on Vanzie

Originally Posted by puroy View Post
    just started using Shell's e10 (93 RON) since june. for me, nag improved yung FC ko from 9.5 to 10.02 km/L. Last week, I have just pumped Petron's e10 (95 RON). Will keep you updated since 2-3weeks pa ako magpapa-gas ulit.

btw, my vanzy is purely (90%) city driving.
    Quote Originally Posted by 71204 View Post
    antay ko ito... considering to use e10 din kasi
    update lang: sad to say, medyo bumaba yung FC ko using Petron e10. from 10.02km/L using Shell e10, I only got 9.47km/L.
    konting difference lang naman (siguro dahil na rin sa long wait of idle). i just pumped Petron's extra unleaded kasi walang shell e10 sa nadaanan ko.

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    Pardon my ignorance but I have always been puzzled why, of all substances, alcohol has to be blended with fuel when it has so much risk when used in the long run?

The benefits are seem to be always outweighed by the cons so why take the risk?

Politics.

Alcohol is a "politically correct" fuel. It's relatively carbon-neutral compared to petroleum products and it provides for the livelihood of farmers. Of course, the latter effect is being debated, as increased ethanol production from food crops is part of the reason food prices are getting so ungodly high nowadays. And the former effect is being mitigated by the fact that rainforest destruction is increasing because more rainforest is being cleared to make way for ethanol production.

-----

E10 is relatively harmless for new vehicles that are EFI. For older vehicles, it's a risk. I've heard that some stations won't put ethanol blends in carburated cars... and carburated passenger cars were sold here up to at least 2000. E10 cannot be used on aircraft and is problematic with marine craft. It can definitely not be used in two-stroke motorcycle engines as it will wash the oil off the cylinders in operation. (many small two-strokes used in gardening and industry/construction in the US fail when fueled with E10).

As for "caveat emptor"... at least with LPG, it's up to the buyer to take the risk. With E10... with the government trying to force all distributors to put ethanol in all gasoline blends in the near future... they're not giving people the choice.

And with LPG, the biggest issue, anyway, is the corrosive effect LPG has on exhaust valves that require tetraethyl lead for lubrication. Which doesn't really matter anymore, since all cars built since 1990 have hardened valves because gasoline no longer contains lead additive.

The other issues, backfire and leaning out, are all issues of tuning and installation... buy the right system from the right supplier and you will have no untoward or at least engine-destroying problems with your car. ;)
    Last edited by niky; August 12th, 2008 at 07:15 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Alryt! Seems I have enough info to finally take the plunge and fill up on e10. Anyone know where I can find a Petron station that has e10? I always pass by the Petron at Aurora blvd/Broadway, but they dont have it yet.

I will give it a try as well, Im just emptying my tank (which is almost empty already and the warning light lid up today but I'll still let it run until the lid light keeps on blinking tom)

From sir Puroy experience, I will try first the Shell e10. Ngayung weekend ko mati-test yung run when I go to subic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Nitro View Post
    Alryt! Seems I have enough info to finally take the plunge and fill up on e10. Anyone know where I can find a Petron station that has e10? I always pass by the Petron at Aurora blvd/Broadway, but they dont have it yet.
    Here you go...

Petron E10 Premium is now available in these Petron service stations in Metro Manila:

- Visayas Avenue, Quezon City
    - Marcos Hi-way (Westbound), Pasig City
    - Marcos Hi-way (Eastbound), Pasig City
    - A Santos Ave, Paranaque
    - San Marcelino, Paco Manila
    - Quezon Avenue, Quezon City
    - Osmena, Hi-way Makati
    - Shaw Blvd., Pasig City
    - Macapagal Ave., Pasay City
    - West Service Road, Paranaque
    - Circumferential Road, Antipolo
    - FB Harrison, Manila
    - Boni Ave., Mandaluyong
    - Ortigas Extension, Taytay Rizal

Thank you very much!

nagpakarga ako ng shell E10, it's cheaper by P2 (P53.07). so far okay naman takbo. I've yet to check yung mileage this week. Update ko kayo.

Sa mga taga Marikina, may E10 available sa Shell Gil Fernando Ave., Shell station Paliparan, Concepcion. Shell P. Tuazon Cubao also has E10.

Quote Originally Posted by puroy View Post
    Here you go...

Petron E10 Premium is now available in these Petron service stations in Metro Manila:

- Visayas Avenue, Quezon City
    - Marcos Hi-way (Westbound), Pasig City
    - Marcos Hi-way (Eastbound), Pasig City
    - A Santos Ave, Paranaque
    - San Marcelino, Paco Manila
    - Quezon Avenue, Quezon City
    - Osmena, Hi-way Makati
    - Shaw Blvd., Pasig City
    - Macapagal Ave., Pasay City
    - West Service Road, Paranaque
    - Circumferential Road, Antipolo
    - FB Harrison, Manila
    - Boni Ave., Mandaluyong
    - Ortigas Extension, Taytay Rizal
    salamat sa list.
    subukan ko ang e10 sa next kong refill

report ko lang, bale sakto 10km per liter yung consumption using shell E10. Puwedeeee

ano po bang advantages at disadvantages ng paggamit ng E10 sa vanzy natin?

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast