Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Default Re: E10 on Vanzie

Quote Originally Posted by juanarodriguez View Post
    well if you read between the lines what the email says can be summarized into two words <b><i>&quot;Caveat Emptor&quot;

well E10 is relatively new here in the Philippines...when LPG was introduced here ganon din naman mixed reaction....
    Tama, pero hindi kagaya ng ethanol, ang LPG conversion walang ganun kasamang effect sa makina. (yata, hehe). Pero ako, hindi mixed ang reaction ko. Ayaw ko talagang mag-take ng risk. Sa LPG ako nagdadalawang-isip pa. hehe.
    I remember a friend telling me to choose petrol stations located sa area na hindi binabaha, etc. kasi may possibility na pumasok sa tank yung water and other impurities...if that is the case then pati yung mga existing unleaded/premium petrol available in the market eh nakakatakot din gamitin
    Tama ang friend mo. Yung L200 ko, nadale na sa ganyan. A few days (weeks?) after this certain Shell gas station experienced flooding (this happens a few times every year, i think), nagpakarga ako sa kanila. After a few days, pumapalya-palya na ang diesel engine ko. Then it happened: ayaw nang mag-start. I had to have it towed back home and then towed by the mechanic to his shop the day after. Good thing hindi naman nasira ang makina. Never did go back to that Shell station. Matagal na rin naman ang rumors na mandaraya sila, but that experience broke the camel's back, so to speak. BTW, nagpakarga ako ng diesel, punong-puno yung 1Gallon (3.78 liters) container (ng coolant) dun sa kabilang Petron, umapaw pa nang kaunti, pero siguro wala namang isang kutsara ang natapon. 4.81 liters siya!!! Siguro I'll have to go back to the suki at ipapafull refill ko din para consistent ang observation. Dati kasi, pinasakto ko lang sa Php250, pero nagkasya ba naman ang 4.55 liters sa isang 3.78-liter (dapat) na container! I'll get back to you guys on this.

Quote Originally Posted by puroy View Post
    just started using Shell's e10 (93 RON) since june. for me, nag improved yung FC ko from 9.5 to 10.02 km/L. Last week, I have just pumped Petron's e10 (95 RON). Will keep you updated since 2-3weeks pa ako magpapa-gas ulit.

btw, my vanzy is purely (90%) city driving.

antay ko ito... considering to use e10 din kasi

Quote Originally Posted by 71204 View Post
    antay ko ito... considering to use e10 din kasi
    BTW, kagabi, sa balita sa TV, meron daw plans to provide E85 (!!!!) in the near future. Kinilabutan tuloy ako... E10 nga lang, may danger na sa moisture damage, gagawin pang 85% ethanol?!?! Yikes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    BTW, kagabi, sa balita sa TV, meron daw plans to provide E85 (!!!!) in the near future. Kinilabutan tuloy ako... E10 nga lang, may danger na sa moisture damage, gagawin pang 85% ethanol?!?! Yikes!!!
    i heard from an insider ng seaoil na ilalabas na nga nila ang e85, and that was weeks ago. in fact, according to him, sen. zubiri's ride runs on it already.

if this is the case, dapat maglabas na ng FFV's (fuel flex vehicles)

Considering the cleaner burn and less environmental impact, as well as the substantial 2-peso difference in price of E10, there just may be a benefit in using this. We are all wary of the potential adverse effects, but this is new technology, and perhaps some of the hesitation in using E10 can be attributed to the human nature's inherent resistance to change. I just got my vanzy from the dealer yesterday, and I still can't make up my mind if I should load it up on E10 and reap the benefits or suffer the consequences. More personal experiences from E10 users would be more than helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Nitro View Post
    Considering the cleaner burn and less environmental impact, as well as the substantial 2-peso difference in price of E10, there just may be a benefit in using this. We are all wary of the potential adverse effects, but this is new technology, and perhaps some of the hesitation in using E10 can be attributed to the human nature's inherent resistance to change. I just got my vanzy from the dealer yesterday, and I still can't make up my mind if I should load it up on E10 and reap the benefits or suffer the consequences. More personal experiences from E10 users would be more than helpful.

FWIW, I am not resistant to change, in fact I welcome it. I am just being wary of the dangers of using ethanol... kung perfectly safe lang yan, why not, at least tipid pa, right?

(smile)

FWIW, I am not resistant to change, in fact I welcome it. I am just being wary of the dangers of using ethanol... kung perfectly safe lang yan, why not, at least tipid pa, right?

(smile)

congrats on your new vanzy Dr Nitro join po kayo ng ACP

i am not an avanza user, but i've tried E10 lots of times.
    what i would suggest is for you to:

a. load up on regular unleaded gas
    b. empty up your tank
    c. load up on E10

check the difference in acceleration and fuel consumption.

my experience is that FC is around 20% lower. acceleration is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by puroy View Post
    just started using Shell's e10 (93 RON) since june. for me, nag improved yung FC ko from 9.5 to 10.02 km/L. Last week, I have just pumped Petron's e10 (95 RON). Will keep you updated since 2-3weeks pa ako magpapa-gas ulit.

btw, my vanzy is purely (90%) city driving.
    My Avanza goes 13kms per liter of unleaded gasoline on city driving, and 15-16kms per liter during out of town trips. I also use it mostly in the city. Can this be attributed to the periodic maintenance I get from Toyota?

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast