Default Avanza Cabin Filter DIY

DIY Avanza Aircon Cabin Filter for less than P300.00

mga bossing share ko lang dito project ko over the weekend, please feel free to move this to the proper thread or a new thread kasi no powers to create new thread.

last april i had my aircon cleaned and decided to install an aircon cabin filter to help reduce dust inside the cabin, since walang oem na cabin filter for our avanza, i modified a Federal Mogul aircon cabin filter for Toyota Yaris costing P600.00 inorder for it to fit inside the avanza filter box, noticed ko kaagad the reduced airflow coming from the aircont vent by about 50%

so i decided to DIY my own less restrictive cabin filter

aluminum angle bar 1/16x1x1 36" P45.00

make a frame 18cm x 19cm (in excess of this dimension your frame will not fit inside the filter box) i used rivets to hold the frame together

cut 2 G.I. welded wire mesh to be placed inside the frame, the 3M filter will be placed in the middle of this two mesh as support

i used 3M Microparticle Aircon Filter as filter medium P139.00 bought at Handyman, I cut the filter to make 2 layers of filter and placed it between the wire mesh

finished DIY cabin filter topside, the sandwiched filter between the 2 g.i. welded wire mesh is held in place to the frame by cable ties

bottom side of the cabin filter

Default Re: Avanza Periodic Maintenance Service (PMS)

continuation of my DIY cabin filter

below is how i cut open my filter box

cut the sides and top portion of the filter box, i did not cut the whole covering so that it would just become a flap that could be opened and closed

after cutting open, pull open the flap and insert the DIY cabin filter

perfect fit DIY cabin filter, exact dimension is 18cm (opening) x 19cm (depth) x 1" (height)

close the flap and seal the filter box with the ever reliable DUCT Tape! hehehe

after testing this DIY cabin filter, i get a much better airflow from the aircon vent compared to using the modified Federal Mogul Cabin Filter for Toyota Yaris.

Note: If you want a less restrictive cabin filter just use a single layer of the filter but you get a less efficient dust filtering.

nice....nice...nice...
    eto din ang gamit ko
    http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/a...abs/IMG266.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mikibabs View Post
    DIY Avanza Aircon Cabin Filter for less than P300.00

mga bossing share ko lang dito project ko over the weekend, please feel free to move this to the proper thread or a new thread kasi no powers to create new thread.
    Pwede mo din post yan dito:
    http://www.avanzaclub.ph/forum/index.php?board=15.0
    feel free to create new thread...

salamat boss jojo will try to post it later, btw ilang layer ba nilagay mo sa DIY filter cabin mo?

not yet sa avanza ko sir, doon sa kapatid ko na avanza namin nilagyan.
    isang filter sheet/layer lang at least to prevent na makapasok ang mga buhok/balahibo sa loob.

nice. nice.!
    tanong lang.. mag-matter ba kung flat (DIY) or corrugated (stock) yung filter?
    guess ko lang, more surface area covered kung corrugated = more efficient?

good question doc pero i think mahirap sagutin yan. efficient in filtering but lesser airflow naman yung side effect. humina kasi talaga yung airflow sa aircon vent lalo na sa number 1 na position kaya nag hanap ako ng less restrictive filter medium.