New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hi, I would like to ask what is the best way to remove water marks on windshields? I just bought my honda jazz last Aug 17, I always clean the windshields and windows everytime it rains, I make sure they dry out using MF, sometimes chamois, but starting last saturday, I am seeing watermarks already, and they are all over the windshield and windows, I don't know why. I've been using Turtle Rain Clear yata yon or Rain Away. everytime umuulan naman the rain just slips away eh, don't know what caused this watermarks and they can't be removed even with cleaner wax.

TIA sa mga tutulong po.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    try the Elevo Water Mark Remover. Available in liquid and in paste form.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post
    try the Elevo Water Mark Remover. Available in liquid and in paste form.
    salamat sir, have been looking around the net since this morning, dami nga nagsabi maganda yung Elevo, sa weekend sir i'll try it, thanks!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Other option is to apply Rain-X or water repellant on windshield so there will be no more watermarks. Downside is you have to apply regularly (every 2 to 4 weeks) plus it will make your wipers skip during drizzles.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Other option is to apply Rain-X or water repellant on windshield so there will be no more watermarks. Downside is you have to apply regularly (every 2 to 4 weeks) plus it will make your wipers skip during drizzles.
    I think this is like the Rain Away of Turtle wax right? It's just weird that I just had these watermarks last saturday, they weren't there before, I always treat my windshields every week, and always dry them after the rain. Anyway, I'll try Rain-X naman, but is it okay to use elevo then Rain-X on top?

edit:
    Last last sunday, after applying Turtle Rain Away, I travelled nlex, and it rained, but I didn't even use the wipers, since the rain is just going away, it was a heavy downpour but still had great visibility, and when I reached the condo, I dried my windshields, it's just frustrating after all the cleaning and care I've done, I still managed to get watermarks, btw, it's just weird, when I got my jazz, it already had watermarks on the sides of the windshield and windows, I just thought regular use of Rain Away would make them disappear, now they're all over the windshield already.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    make sure to seal the glass with rain clear gel ( or similar product ) after cleaning para hindi rin bumalik ang mga watermarks.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I used Elevo water mark remover last weekend, it worked! pero parang may mga gasgas yata ang windshield ko, di ko alam kung gasgas talaga o sa tint ko lang, parang may dot dot na dumi eh pag nasa loob ka kita mo pag may nakatutok na ilaw.

I also applied elevo rain away, so far I haven't experienced rain since last weekend, hopefully not until the end of the week.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    i have same problem sirs. although i havent used any cleaners yet. i suspect that watermarks were caused by the application of tint (hindi natuyo ung binasang portion). possible ba to? TIA.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzinmypants View Post
    i have same problem sirs. although i havent used any cleaners yet. i suspect that watermarks were caused by the application of tint (hindi natuyo ung binasang portion). possible ba to? TIA.
    hmm.. interesting sir ahh.. baka nga dahil nung nag tint sila.. badtrip nga aken, wala na sa labas, pero sa loob naman sa may tint meron, di ko nga alam pano ko tatanggalin try mo elevo para dun sa labas sir.

mga sir at mam, ano po ba pwede paglinis ng tint? may mga watermarks din po kase, ang liliit lang naman, kaya lang pag natapatan ng ilaw, halata sila at nakaka inis lang tignan. na try ko na po isang portion ginamitan ko ng basahan, pero sobrang ni rub ko, parang nawala ng konte yung watermark, pero pag direct hit talaga sa ilaw, kita parin sya hay.. kabago bago palang po eh

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    those dots are probably air bubbles...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WaterMark