New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 271 of 784 FirstFirst ... 171221261267268269270271272273274275281321371 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 7833
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    gaano kalalim? for light scratches, i use Meguiar's ScratchX 2.0. this can also remove paint swirls and etching.
    Pang machine lang yan bro??
    kasi may mga kalmot ng manok yung hood ng isa kong tsikot
    hindi ko na pasok sa garahe nung lolo ko nung binisita ko sila
    pero medyo kumonti na with the help of Turtle wax chipstick *feling happy

2. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    gaano kalalim? for light scratches, i use Meguiar's ScratchX 2.0. this can also remove paint swirls and etching.
    Pang machine lang yan bro??
    kasi may mga kalmot ng manok yung hood ng isa kong tsikot
    hindi ko na pasok sa garahe nung lolo ko nung binisita ko sila
    pero medyo kumonti na with the help of Turtle wax chipstick *feling happy
    Last edited by crosswind; October 22nd, 2014 at 08:59 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    *crosswind: ScratchX 2.0 can be applied by hand or machine. gamit ka ng foam applicator pad or micro fiber cloth.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    going to make a word document, ma'am. I could send it to you through email, pa-PM nalang po
    Hello! Kindly send ur wonderful guide of car appearance maintenance (waxing etc..) to "rtepacenbi*yahoo.com"
    I would greatly appreciate it.

Big Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    *crosswind: ScratchX 2.0 can be applied by hand or machine. gamit ka ng foam applicator pad or micro fiber cloth.
    thanks for the reply red_one
    btw how about yung Meguiars paint restorer pwedeng by hand din?
    TIA

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    *crosswind: ito bang Paint Restoration Kit ang ask mo? yes, the products can be applied by hand or machine. if you apply Ultimate Compound by hand, you need to exert more force to work the product. using DA polisher is recommended for optimum result.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Question mga paps, sabi sa pinagka-car washan ko, tanggal na daw top coat ko sa hood. What does it mean? Anong pwedeng gawin para maibalik un? Dont want to repaint it since wala pamg repainted panel sa car ko..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by llcooljed View Post
    Question mga paps, sabi sa pinagka-car washan ko, tanggal na daw top coat ko sa hood. What does it mean? Anong pwedeng gawin para maibalik un? Dont want to repaint it since wala pamg repainted panel sa car ko..
    In a two-stage paint system, Top coat = Clear coat. It is colorless and is actually thicker than your base coat. If clear coat is gone, the base coat can be harmed. It will oxidize more quickly and will be prone to fade. Repainting the panel will fix this.

How to test if car still has clear coat? Wipe the panel with polishing compound or scratch remover or cleaner wax. If you find color on the applicator pad, then the base coat is already exposed. The color you're seeing is the pigment transferring from the paint to your applicator pad.

In photo below, the white applicator pad shows red pigments from the car. This means there is no clear coat.

Last edited by red_one; October 23rd, 2014 at 05:08 PM.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    you need to let the paint cure fully before you wax/seal. this could be 60 days or more depending on the actual paint used. in the mean time, you can use pure glaze to protect the paint and keep it neat. example is 3M Imperial Hand Glaze.
    ah ok sir, di ko lang natanong kung anong paint ginamit sa casa. thanks!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    In a two-stage paint system, Top coat = Clear coat. It is colorless and is actually thicker than your base coat. If clear coat is gone, the base coat can be harmed. It will oxidize more quickly and will be prone to fade. Repainting the panel will fix this.

How to test if car still has clear coat? Wipe the panel with polishing compound or scratch remover or cleaner wax. If you find color on the applicator pad, then the base coat is already exposed. The color you're seeing is the pigment transferring from the paint to your applicator pad.

In photo below, the white applicator pad shows red pigments from the car. This means there is no clear coat.

Thanks sir monty. Very helpful, nawala lungkot ko.. Hehehe. The moment the detailer told me na wala na daw clearcoat, nasira araw ko eh... There's no paint pigment pa naman everytime i wax my car, so it should be ok.. thanks

"Tamang OC lang" - a newbie's guide to car appearance maintenance