New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 265 of 784 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275315365 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 7833
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    LSPs are either Sealant or Carnauba Wax.

Sonax Xtreme Paste Wax Full Protect 1 is Carnuaba Wax and is an LSP. Collinite 476 Super DoubleCoat Auto Wax is also Carnauba Wax and is an LSP.

Nano Fil is sort of a Compound, while Nano Sil is sort of a Polish. Note that they only hide scratches and swirls. They fill and seal and do not remove paint. Refer to page 261 of this thread.

What steps were done in your car by BB 2 weeks ago?

At this early time, you might just need to use Quick Detailer and Quick (Spray) Wax for maintenance.

Assuming you still want to do full detailing, the steps should be:

Wash
    Clay* (Optional for embedded contaminants)
    NanoFiL* (Optional for deeper scratches and swirls)
    NanoSiL
    Collinite 476 or Sonax Xtreme (If you want to use both, I think better to apply 476 first)

And then afterwards:

Wash
    Quick (Spray) Wax
    Quick Detailer* (for removing dust, dirt, bird bombs, bugs, etc)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Thank you so much Sir Red, very helpful. Last question Sir, what is the curing time for Between applications of Fil, Sil, and LSPs.

I think BB already clayed my car before applying paint protection. I really want to start full detailing diy. I will just bring my car to BB every 4 months for thorough detailing which may include claying.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Fil > Sil > LSP, you can do each step immediately after the other.

LSP > LSP, refer to product instructions. Some product may require you to wait some time before next application.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    Fil > Sil > LSP, you can do each step immediately after the other.

LSP > LSP, refer to product instructions. Some product may require you to wait some time before next application.
    Great! Thank you so much Sir Red! Great help.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    LSP > LSP..

if you got plenty of time, it would not hurt to wait the next day for the next LSP or a 2nd layer of the same LSP. otherwise, a few hours will do.

optional, fun experiment:

- apply Collinite 476 on left side panels
    - apply Sonax Xtreme on right side panels
    - apply Collinite 476 > Sonax Xtreme on hood
    - apply Sonax Xtreme > Collinite 476 on roof and rear

inspect the next day or after a week and check which you like best.
    Last edited by red_one; September 19th, 2014 at 01:21 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Yes Sir will do that. Dont want to maintain 2 LSPs with same purpose anyway. Ill check which product yield best result. Im really learning a lot from you.

Having second thoughts though applying SIL by hand. Read that it is best applied using a polisher. But I want the satisfaction of having a real clean paint before topping it off with carnauba wax.

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Sir, newbie here. Yung NanoFil and NanoSil po ba eh iaapply din sa whole car na parang NanoGloss? o iaapply mo lang yun sa specific area na may scratches? thanks sir.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Yes, apply to the whole car. Treat them like your standard compounding and polishing steps.

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Sir, pasensya na po talaga ha. Noob kasi talaga ako sa detailing eh. Question po ulit, gusto ko lang po maging sigurado. Ibig sabihin na din po ba nito eh "SAFE" gamitin yung NanoFil at NanoSil. Gusto ko po kasi magDetail atleast every month (NanoFil > NanoSil > NanoGlos) pero apply naman po ng NanoGloss atleast twice per month and NanoSliq as a QD. Kung ganito po gagawin ko regimen eh "hindi" po ba madadamage yung paint ko? hindi po ba sya magninipis? manual lang po pagApply ko, wala po ako gagamitin machine. Thank you so much po.

10. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewnathaniel View Post
    Sir, pasensya na po talaga ha. Noob kasi talaga ako sa detailing eh. Question po ulit, gusto ko lang po maging sigurado. Ibig sabihin na din po ba nito eh "SAFE" gamitin yung NanoFil at NanoSil. Gusto ko po kasi magDetail atleast every month (NanoFil > NanoSil > NanoGlos) pero apply naman po ng NanoGloss atleast twice per month and NanoSliq as a QD. Kung ganito po gagawin ko regimen eh "hindi" po ba madadamage yung paint ko? hindi po ba sya magninipis? manual lang po pagApply ko, wala po ako gagamitin machine. Thank you so much po.
    sir IMO lang po, safe naman lahat ng nabanggit nyiyo po pero na-observe ko lang is yung microtex products eh not long lasting kaya i am not sure if advisable ang twice a month baka kase wala na yung wax sa tsikot nyu specially if madalas ang wash at naulan pa. Though as a noob, mas magandang praktisan yung mga products na yan.

"Tamang OC lang" - a newbie's guide to car appearance maintenance