New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I'll be getting my new car in less than a month and as early as now, I'm trying to learn the right way to maintain its good looks. I've already started researching and back-reading so I already have a little knowledge but no experience yet. I used to have a white suv for 13 yrs. It had a lot of scratches, stains, swirls, etc bec it was just washed by the family driver who I think is not familiar with proper techniques. That old car has only been waxed twice and detailed once during the time I had it. With this new car, I don't want to make the same mistakes. The color is also white, btw.

Is it advisable to go to BigBert's straight out of the dealer and avail their paint protection program or can that wait til next year?

When should I start waxing a brand new car?

I only do short distance city driving in adequately good roads. Is once a week washing with shampoo enough?

I've been reading a lot of good reviews abt Microtex products and Collinite 845. Should I start buying those and practice on our older cars?

Would greatly appreciate other tips and suggestions.

TIA!

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Check mo din sir yung thread na "tamang oc lang". Gnyan din ako nung una di ko winawax yung lumang sasakyan. Nung bumuli ako ng bago bumuli na din ako ng mga kakailanganin. Gamit kung wax yung turtlewax ice liquid wax may micrtex products din akong gamit. Isa pang binili ko is polisher na dual action. Ginagamit ko lang pag napaparami lang yun swirls. Siguro 4x ko pa lang nagagamit since 2011. At pag pinapatuyo ko dampi dampi ko yung chamois para iwas gasgas kung sakaling may nasamang makakagasgas although di talaga maiwasan magkaswirl at least minimized.

Posted via Air Mail

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkfly View Post
    I'll be getting my new car in less than a month and as early as now, I'm trying to learn the right way to maintain its good looks. I've already started researching and back-reading so I already have a little knowledge but no experience yet. I used to have a white suv for 13 yrs. It had a lot of scratches, stains, swirls, etc bec it was just washed by the family driver who I think is not familiar with proper techniques. That old car has only been waxed twice and detailed once during the time I had it. With this new car, I don't want to make the same mistakes. The color is also white, btw.

Is it advisable to go to BigBert's straight out of the dealer and avail their paint protection program or can that wait til next year?

When should I start waxing a brand new car?

I only do short distance city driving in adequately good roads. Is once a week washing with shampoo enough?

I've been reading a lot of good reviews abt Microtex products and Collinite 845. Should I start buying those and practice on our older cars?

Would greatly appreciate other tips and suggestions.

TIA!

Hi sir, hindi naman advisable pero kung gusto mo mas ok na may dagdag protection oto mo lalo na kung hindi ka naka covered parking palagi. month after ko nakuha ko yung oto ko nag avail ako ng paint protection progrma from bigberts. every quarter babalik then sa last quarter 3step detailing. sulit para sakin lalo wala ako covered parking everyday

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonblu View Post
    Hi sir, hindi naman advisable pero kung gusto mo mas ok na may dagdag protection oto mo lalo na kung hindi ka naka covered parking palagi. month after ko nakuha ko yung oto ko nag avail ako ng paint protection progrma from bigberts. every quarter babalik then sa last quarter 3step detailing. sulit para sakin lalo wala ako covered parking everyday
    Thanks for that! I might do the same kasi di rin lagi covered ang parking ko. After a month nalang din ako magaavail ng program nila.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkfly View Post
    Thanks for that! I might do the same kasi di rin lagi covered ang parking ko. After a month nalang din ako magaavail ng program nila.

no problem sir. HTH

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Paint protect should be applied as soon as you get your vehicle if possible. The earlier, the better.
    Last edited by Walter; July 6th, 2014 at 09:50 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Hi guys. Where is BigBert located? My father handed me our 2012 BMW X1, although it has dents, scratches and swirls. Color is white. The paint protections sounds good to me. Any recommended shop to get rid of these exterior blemishes?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Hi mga boss, question lang about dun sa program ni BigBert, magkano kaya yung paint protection nila? Thanks!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    All your questions about them can be answered here: http://www.bigberts.com

Not sure lang if updated yung prices pero at least we'll have an idea how much.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Pa OT:

Which is better to use or apply during this rainy season, Collinite 476 or Collinite 845? Sino kaya mas durable between the two

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Proper Care for the Exterior of a Brand New Car