New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    - retain the original black paint (black is sportier than white)
    - get bigger and wider aftermarket wheels
    - aftermarket exhaust tips (not bolt-on type)
    - remove all badges from the car
    - remove all chrome trim or (properly) paint them over to body color but retain the chrome front grille.
    - lower the ride a couple of inches
    All of the above except removing all the badges. I think that leaves the car looking bland. If you're getting wheels that is chromed, wag naman masyado. Polished lips can do or ok lang kung chrome lahat pero minimalist ang design.

If there is another design for the front grille, change it, but keep the chrome in it.

Eventually, ganito ang magiging itsura nyan. Take note, hindi ito Camry but a Crown Athlete. Halos kahawig lang.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ^^ok na ok yan!!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Tell him to sell the Black camry to me and buy a white one na lang. hehe
    Bigger aftermarket wheels and take out all the chrome or have it repainted body color.
    But lowering springs. Try Eibach or H&R for more luxury ride. Tein is also good for a more sporty ride. No tint. he can also add in aftrermarket kits.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    this USDM camry looks good. the rims are 19'' axis milanos.

madali lang naman maghanap ng ganyan porma na mags dito sa manila, right?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    sporty pala ang gus2 bket camry ang binili?? andami nman sporty-type car... civic, mazda3, khit vios or city...

IMO: camry is a luxury car and should not be converted to a sporty one kc magiging OA tlga ang dating... mawawala ung essence ng pagka "executive car" ng camry...

but the owner still decides... gudluck dude!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    remove all chromed panels that are deemed un-necessary... on bumper corners etc...

i like the grille of the Aurion TRD...

a bumper-ectomy like one on the TRD version is cool too.

body kit added on the bumper like on aussie Aurion Sportivo models is the one that looks cheesy for me.
    see pic.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    same camry being sold here locally... with the right modifications, IMHO it looks both sporty & classy at the same time

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    If he's looking for a sporty exec sedan, he should've purchased a BMW 530d (E60). Looks alone is wild, top speed of 323kmh (ecu unlocked), 255kmh (ecu speed-limited). 0-100 in 8 seconds. 21km/L.

He can put thinner and wider rubber, don't lower it (looks like ricey teen plus our roads aren't exactly race track pristine), put a turbo, chip the ECU, upgrade the brakes. So at least, it looks like a sleeper. But it will never go near as fast (off the line and on roll) as the 530d. E60 M5 is better than 530d but that's a bit far in terms of price range but if he can afford it, better.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007

ganda ng camry

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I still say the USDM Camry is sporty enough, esp with dual-exhaust (V6).

Add a subtle rear spoiler and dark rims.... and tint the heck out of the glass.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; November 13th, 2007 at 05:42 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
New Toyota Camry: how to make it look sporty but not ricey