New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKros View Post
    For drying and using a MF towel, would 1 big MF towel be enough to dry a whole car? i mean..it wouldn't be too damp for drying even after wringing out the water?

drying with a chamois makes me cringe.
    3 things you can do

1. Get a drying towel, Mothers drying towel, Meguiars Water Magnet, Microtex Elite are all good brands, but i would recommend Microtex Elite especially since the price is already lowered to just 600 bucks, these are great for drying cars, if you can hose down the car to remove majority of the water these towels can already dry the whole cars without wringing if not it would take about once and at most twice to wring the towel and dry the whole car, there's also a method to wringing these towels which is doing it part by part not actually wringing the whole towel

2. You can get Mircotex Chamois, if you're cringing because of the squeeky sound thats basically friction against the paint you won't have this problem with Microtex Chamois, its basically a thin chamois that has microfibers outside that coats the entire chamois, compared to most chamois of course it absorbs a lot less water but it does not squeek or make that horrific sound of rubber friction against your paint. this is a popular item used most of the advised detailers out there since it will not scratch your paint unlike some chamois

3. you can do what i call the 2 MF drying method, basically get one MF to remove the majority of the water, wring it as much as you can to absorb as much water from the panel until you're left with a moist film, and then wipe that panel dry with a clean dry MF cloth before you proceed to another panel, then just use the soaking wet MF again and wipe and remove the majority of the water and give it another good wring to remove the remaining until you're left with a thin film of moisture and follow it up with the dry or now damp towel, and just repeat the process, by the time you finish your whole car your dry towel should just be damp enough that even if you wipe the panel it dries up pretty fast

Hope this helps

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    *madkatz: You're amazing. Thanks for the information. I might try the double towel technique.

I don't have a hose actually..the connection is at the other side of the house and i'd need a verrrry long hose to reach the front of the house. so what i'm doing is using one of these things
    one panel at a time..it takes a little longer to wash the car, but it does the job.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    *madkatz: You're amazing. Thanks for the information. I might try the double towel technique.

I don't have a hose actually..the connection is at the other side of the house and i'd need a verrrry long hose to reach the front of the house. so what i'm doing is using one of these things
    one panel at a time..it takes a little longer to wash the car, but it does the job.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchtower View Post
    By hand - microfiber towel
    By machine - microfiber bonnet over any pad
    +1

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted05 View Post
    sir nakita ko yung mga microfiber madami palang klase yn..

ano yung para sa pagpapatuyo at pampunas nang wax? thanks....
    in drying.... microtex ellite.....mura na siya ngayon P600.00 if im not mistken.... pad applicator na P99 petot ok na pg liqiud microtex applicator pad.... pang wipe/buff microtex SUPER PLUSH... green

6. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by madkatz View Post
    its Maam BTW, im a girl
    errr... girl ba talaga????

7. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKros View Post

idol me sale sa ACE HARDWARE you might want to look at the washers they are selling... for P4k meroon ka na .....

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Naka-receive ako ng microfiber towel sa exchange gift namin at nakita ko ito sa SM Department Store at 100 pesos lang. Malaki yung towel pero di kasing kapal ng Meguiar's na ginagamit ko sa car pero ang laki niya ay 3x or more. May nakagamit na ba sa inyo nito or nakita niyo na ito sa mga SM?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbjr View Post
    Naka-receive ako ng microfiber towel sa exchange gift namin at nakita ko ito sa SM Department Store at 100 pesos lang. Malaki yung towel pero di kasing kapal ng Meguiar's na ginagamit ko sa car pero ang laki niya ay 3x or more. May nakagamit na ba sa inyo nito or nakita niyo na ito sa mga SM?
    yan ba yung color light green?... hindi siya effective pang buff after mo mag wax.. gnagamit ko lang pang punas sa loob nang oto..

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted05 View Post
    yan ba yung color light green?... hindi siya effective pang buff after mo mag wax.. gnagamit ko lang pang punas sa loob nang oto..
    Yung light green nga, kanina may nakita rin ako sa Robinsons at meron ding ka-size ng face towel. Ginagamit ko lang yung light green sa drying after ng car wash.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Materials in washing and waxing (for beginners)