Jan 2008
    sir question lang

ano ang mas maganda gamiten sa dalawa?

benefits and downside nito?

tnx

san pwede bumili pang ESI?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You could probably buy lowering springs for the Civic from a sidewalk vendor... I see them everywhere. Coil-over kits, well... not available at your local carinderia, but lots of shops have them, too... Try Autoplus or Speedlab for the newer/higher quality kits.

Lowering springs will give you a stiffer car and more control over body roll, but if you're on stock (presumably old) shocks, they'll make for a very bouncy ride and poor handling on bumpy surfaces. And if you don't change out your stock shocks, they'll eventually give out because the stiff springs put extra stress on them. Once the shocks go, the car will ride like crap. But there are soft sets available that will not stress your shocks as much. I don't know what those brands are, though.

A coil-over kit is usually a matched set of springs and shocks... so the shocks will not be
    over-stressed by the spring stiffness. They're usually adjustable for ride height and shock damping, too. If you buy it at a good place and the installer knows what he's doing, it'll ride better than stock while giving you much more control and better handling than just a set of lowering springs. Only downsides is possible suspension noise and rust on the grooves for the rings used to adjust height. If it's a good brand, the springs and shocks will probably live longer than your car will... as most of these sets are a hell of a lot stronger than stock suspensions... Unfortunately, they cost a freaking arm and a leg (say... 30 - 60k pesos... or more for the more adjustable ones).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    tnx for the info...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I was also considering choosing between a full coilover setup vs. a matched shocks-and-springs combo.

I wanted to ask: there seems to be the notion that once you go with coilovers the ride will become unbearably harsh. Is this necessarily true? I've heard testimonials from a few TEIN coilover users that will refute this notion.

My whole reason for swapping suspension parts is to cure the Jazz's somewhat restless ride...and beef up the reportedly shoddy construction of the stock dampers.

Thanks in advance.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^no, it's not always true. some coilover setups, especially those that are only height adjustable and not rebound/damper adjustable, do have stiffer ride characteristics than the stock suspension. however, the better coilover sets do have rebound/damper adjustability and you can adjust the ride quality somewhat to your taste.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you can adjust the dampers, the ride should be okay... but these things are designed for handling, so, unfortunately, no... your Jazz won't ride like a Corolla after installing these things.

But yes, the shocks will probably last much longer than the stock units.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I see. Thanks for the inputs guys.

Based on the Jazz's stock suspension behavior, I think I have a rough idea of what compression and rebound settings to use if and when I get my hands on adjustable-damping coilovers.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Siguro sir pag for daily street use lang, lowering springs is better.. but if the car would be used for racing especially circuit track.. the coilover would be better, but ride comfort will be stiffer a bit, kahit adjustable pa.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how about those coilover sleeves type? The ones where you can use your stock shocks and are adjustable too?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    coilover sleeves? graduate na ko jan, i dont think id get those installed again, they're too damn stiff, may ngsabi get adjustable damper shocks for the sleeves pero i doubt if it will work, the shocks cant do anything if the spring itself is too stiff (well that's just my assumption, but i do think it makes sense)
    and yes you can adjust the height pero only to a limited range lalo na kung gusto mo kasing taas na ng stock ulit.
    i would suggest getting a set of lowering springs and get the branded once not the cheap copies para di msyado matigas
    if budget permits, go for full coilovers w/ adjustable height and dampers, cant go wrong w/ this

my two cents

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast