New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 74 of 254 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by umi001 View Post
    What have you already applied on the car?
    nothing, just the 845 + nano gloss.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by matty View Post
    well it is brand new sir. so i bought the wrong wax? I can still return it though. Instead of those 2 waxes, i just buy Collinite's Sapphire Wax, did i get it right? or OCW is ok?

I have a covered parking but i don't put car cover so, it is every month or 2 months for me then.
    Actually, it's pretty fine. I'm just more biased with Collinite's Sapphire Wax since that's what I use in conjunction with Collinite's 845. It's a pretty staple regimen for me as I've a white car too. I also believe that Collinite's Sapphire Wax has better cleaning properties (hence "whiter") than the Mothers but short of KAIO's cleaners.

If the car's under covered parking, every month - 2 months is fine. Really depends on how much the accumulated "libag" is hence I usually re-use Collinite Sapphire every 3 months or so para hindi sayang. As for the wax, OCW is pretty handy -- I love its ease of use, durability, and.. it's just good to look at. Simply re-apply every other week or every week depending if it's wearing off (look for beading, sheeting, etc. test)

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    nothing, just the 845 + nano gloss.
    I'm assuming that's a 845 on top of a Nanoglos layer.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    i would like to know if its ok to apply collinite 845 or i am overdoing it?

thanks
    For reapplication, first check whether the old layer is worn out. Sayang naman kung okay pa yun prior 845. Look for beading, the less strongly it beads water then consideration should go to re-application. Or as rule of thumb, mga 1 month or so. (845 lasts me quite a long time so YMMV :D)

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Actually, it's pretty fine. I'm just more biased with Collinite's Sapphire Wax since that's what I use in conjunction with Collinite's 845. It's a pretty staple regimen for me as I've a white car too. I also believe that Collinite's Sapphire Wax has better cleaning properties (hence "whiter") than the Mothers but short of KAIO's cleaners.

If the car's under covered parking, every month - 2 months is fine. Really depends on how much the accumulated "libag" is hence I usually re-use Collinite Sapphire every 3 months or so para hindi sayang. As for the wax, OCW is pretty handy -- I love its ease of use, durability, and.. it's just good to look at. Simply re-apply every other week or every week depending if it's wearing off (look for beading, sheeting, etc. test)
    thanks so much for sharing. so as not to waste what i bought, i'll use the Mother's cleaner wax first then change to Collinite sapphire. Some more question to which i hope you don't mind. Everytime i use the cleaner wax, should i apply the OCW after? And where can I buy Collinite products?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    mga guru's... in relation to the collinite sapphire wax.. what is better? Collinite Sapphire Wax or KAIO?

then planning to top it after with NanoGloss then Collinite 476/845 after curing.

(lapit na maubos cleaner wax ko.. need to level up na ulit.. for a better shite and protection :D )

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    KAIO has very good cleaning properties. It's more versatile than sapphire. another plus point is you can use it as a base for either a carnauba wax or a sealant.
    Last edited by Ginnova; May 3rd, 2012 at 10:35 PM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginnova View Post
    KAIO has very good cleaning properties. It's more versatile than sapphire. another plus point is you can use it as a base for either a carnauba wax or a sealant.
    thanks sir Ginnova!

tama ba new planning regimen ko.. for your thoughts po.

KAIO + AIO + NanoGloss + 845/476s (depende sa mood - ahihihi!)

of course with ample curing time after AIO and NanoGloss..

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    to simplify things eto ang suggestion ko.

KAIO ( no curing time needed ) + 845/476.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    The thing with Collinite's Sapphire Wax is that it can serve as a standalone 1-step detail as it both cleans and protects unlike KAIO which only cleans.

However, KAIO's cleaning properties is definitely more potent.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    The thing with Collinite's Sapphire Wax is that it can serve as a standalone 1-step detail as it both cleans and protects unlike KAIO which only cleans.
    KAIO cleans And protects. Hence the "all-in-one" name tag. A 1-step and also a last step product, its UV protection wins vs. CSW.

If you believe KAIO = Carlack 68 (NSC/PSC), NSC has a 30-40 minute curing time. If topping it with a product that offers no UV protection it's good to know and wait for this. I don't know the physics nor chemistry whilst prematurely wiping another non-acrylic type product over it. Disregard the cure time when following it with Carlack LLS/KSG and other compatible products.
    Last edited by indiej; May 7th, 2012 at 09:56 PM.