New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 69 of 254 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Just wanted to ask regarding DIY car wax. Is it okay to use Microfiber cloth? will it not absorb those waxes? or kailangan ba ung wax applicator foam ang gamitin. TIA.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by umi001 View Post
    It's a compound - hehe, that probably doesn't help much does it? I guess what I'm trying to say is that, unlike the older rubbing and polishing compounds, the results you get from Ultimate Compound are very dependent on pressure and working time, and this has to do with the abrasive technology that doc mentioned.

Older compounds use diminishing abrasives - you have abrasives of a certain size, and as you work the product, the abrasives break down, helping to leave a finer finish. For products like this, the initial size of the abrasive helps determine the amount of cut the product has - larger abrasives will cut more, but will also leave more marring that will need to be further refined by a finer polish.

Meguiar's Ultimate Compound uses super-micro abrasives - these are very fine abrasives that do not need to be broken down, and retain their cut over the polishing cycle. For these products, you get more cut by adding more abrasives to the mix (say Ultimate Compound vs Ultimate Polish), and you also get more paint removal by working the product longer, and with more pressure (unlike diminishing abrasives, which can only be worked until they break down). So you have a product where the cut goes from a medium to heavy compound all the way to a light polish, depending on the working time and amount of pressure that you use.

okay, thanks sir Umi. So, it is still a rubbing compound but with much more finer abrasive particles.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Just wanted to ask regarding DIY car wax. Is it okay to use Microfiber cloth? will it not absorb those waxes? or kailangan ba ung wax applicator foam ang gamitin. TIA.
    The microfiber cloth (terry/plush/ultra plush) are designed for buffing off the waxed.

You can use either the microtex applicator "block" or the 4-for-88 pesos foam applicator pad.

for liquid/lotion waxes, the applicator block is a bit easier to use. for paste waxes, I prefer the foam pads.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    The microfiber cloth (terry/plush/ultra plush) are designed for buffing off the waxed.

You can use either the microtex applicator "block" or the 4-for-88 pesos foam applicator pad.

for liquid/lotion waxes, the applicator block is a bit easier to use. for paste waxes, I prefer the foam pads.

Thanks bro. I guess I have to buy the applicator 'block'.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008

The 3 for 99 Mr. Clean applicators seem better (more dense) than the 4 for 88 Micro Magic - in fact, the Mr. Clean applicators seem very similar to the standard yellow "Pinnacle" foam applicator that AG sells. Let me check it out when I get home to be sure...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Saan ba mabibili ito?

Up ko lang ito. May nakita akong Autogard Chamois w/ Tri Microtechnology and ung 3M Super Absorbent Chamois Car Wipe. Ano mas okay between these two?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    After washing then used Meguiar's Ultimate Compound

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dinJ View Post
    After washing then used Meguiar's Ultimate Compound

Nice results! What LSP did you use?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by umi001 View Post
    Nice results! What LSP did you use?
    After Meg's Ultimate Compound, I used Turtlewax Super Hard Shell Car Wax. Inuubos ko na lang then I'm going to try Meg's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Umi got it spot on. Heje

Yup try using a swirl-filling glaze or wax instead of relentlessly trying to correct the scratch- sayang young clearcoat kasi

For the cats... um. Mothballs daw nagrerepel sa mg a pusa hehe
    Sir ok po ba ang nanoSil sa pagfill ng scratches and ok lang ba ito na kamay lang gamit and walang rotary buffer?