New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 68 of 254 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    mga sir any contact no. po kay sir edwin? dikopo kasi alam name nya dito. bago lang po kasi thanks.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    maganda kung post mo ung pix bro para makita namin kung deep or light scratch lang ito.
    Sir di naman po ganun kalalim na lampas na sa clearcoat. Di naman masyado visible after application of glaze and wax kaya lang alam ninyo naman tayong mga nagmamahal sa sasakyan gusto natin flawless kaya hanggat maari yung talagang di na makikita ang gusto ko.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Share lang.. result ng last session. Collinite 915 last layer ko. Nagtataka ako kasi ngayon ko lang nakita na ganyan kakintab yung Tucson kahit ilang beses ko na nagawa yung ganun session. Haha!

Water beading.

Medyo nasayang lang dahil sa weather nung Sunday.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Bin Diesel View Post
    Sir di naman po ganun kalalim na lampas na sa clearcoat. Di naman masyado visible after application of glaze and wax kaya lang alam ninyo naman tayong mga nagmamahal sa sasakyan gusto natin flawless kaya hanggat maari yung talagang di na makikita ang gusto ko.

cguro visible pa rin at a different angle pag tinignan mo. naiinis rin ako pag ganon. ano pala kulay ng ride mo?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    *SG: nice work, as always!

Mga sirs,
    Natuwa ang mga pusa sa amin sa hood ng sasakyan namin kaya puro scratches. I tried using turtle wax polishing cream pero imbes na mabawasan ng gasgas lalo dumami gawa ng swirl marks then I tried using scratch out ng formula one which is ok sana nawala mga scratch mark pero hirap habulin ng mga scratches gawa ng pusa nababawasan lang pero di talaga nawawala. Ano kaya maganda gamitin dito? Thanks in advance.
    1) yung mga mainstream rubbing compounds and "scratch removers" are usually designed to be very abrasive so that they can be hand applied. Yes, tanggal yung visible scratch, pero ubos ang clearcoat mo. And surebol puro swirl mark due to the size of their particles.

One of the better products is meg's ultimate compound or scratch/swirlX - the abrasive particles are finer so it leaves far fewer swirl marks.

the mom's product, if I remember correctly, still uses diminishing particles - meaning the large particles get broken down as you work the product - which in turn means that you will have to work the product as follows: i)increasing the pressure, then ii)deceasing the pressure.

2) "spot removal" causes uneven clearcoat wear within a panel. it's better to wait for your yearly full detailing session, para pantay pantay ang wear ng clearcoat.

may sumusi sa mazda 2 namin sa isang quarter panel. P!*#!*$!*# pero ganun talaga. at the moment I'm just ignoring it and using products with significant swirl filling just to lessen its visibility.

I suggest leaving it alone sir, to better preserve the clearcoat

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    *SG: nice work, as always!

1) yung mga mainstream rubbing compounds and "scratch removers" are usually designed to be very abrasive so that they can be hand applied. Yes, tanggal yung visible scratch, pero ubos ang clearcoat mo. And surebol puro swirl mark due to the size of their particles.

One of the better products is meg's ultimate compound or scratch/swirlX - the abrasive particles are finer so it leaves far fewer swirl marks.

the mom's product, if I remember correctly, still uses diminishing particles - meaning the large particles get broken down as you work the product - which in turn means that you will have to work the product as follows: i)increasing the pressure, then ii)deceasing the pressure.

2) "spot removal" causes uneven clearcoat wear within a panel. it's better to wait for your yearly full detailing session, para pantay pantay ang wear ng clearcoat.

may sumusi sa mazda 2 namin sa isang quarter panel. P!*#!*$!*# pero ganun talaga. at the moment I'm just ignoring it and using products with significant swirl filling just to lessen its visibility.

I suggest leaving it alone sir, to better preserve the clearcoat

Sir, ung Ultimate Compund of Meguire, is it a rubbing compound or a polishing compound? or combination of both?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    It's a compound - hehe, that probably doesn't help much does it? I guess what I'm trying to say is that, unlike the older rubbing and polishing compounds, the results you get from Ultimate Compound are very dependent on pressure and working time, and this has to do with the abrasive technology that doc mentioned.

Older compounds use diminishing abrasives - you have abrasives of a certain size, and as you work the product, the abrasives break down, helping to leave a finer finish. For products like this, the initial size of the abrasive helps determine the amount of cut the product has - larger abrasives will cut more, but will also leave more marring that will need to be further refined by a finer polish.

Meguiar's Ultimate Compound uses super-micro abrasives - these are very fine abrasives that do not need to be broken down, and retain their cut over the polishing cycle. For these products, you get more cut by adding more abrasives to the mix (say Ultimate Compound vs Ultimate Polish), and you also get more paint removal by working the product longer, and with more pressure (unlike diminishing abrasives, which can only be worked until they break down). So you have a product where the cut goes from a medium to heavy compound all the way to a light polish, depending on the working time and amount of pressure that you use.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    cguro visible pa rin at a different angle pag tinignan mo. naiinis rin ako pag ganon. ano pala kulay ng ride mo?
    Bluish Black sir retz kaya hirap itago ng gasgas.

Sir scharnhorst, ganun na nga siguro glaze at wax na lang muna para maitago yung gasgas kaso kapag malapit kasi kitang-kita talaga kaya di na sasantuhin mga pusang gala sa amin.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011

Sir scharnhorst, ganun na nga siguro glaze at wax na lang muna para maitago yung gasgas kaso kapag malapit kasi kitang-kita talaga kaya di na sasantuhin mga pusang gala sa amin.

naku., dark color pa. kitang kita nga yan brad.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007

Umi got it spot on. Heje

Yup try using a swirl-filling glaze or wax instead of relentlessly trying to correct the scratch- sayang young clearcoat kasi

For the cats... um. Mothballs daw nagrerepel sa mg a pusa hehe