New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 61 of 254 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Umi, those are wonderful beading shots. And if based on photos, I think it beats Collinite's beading action. Nearly round na yun mga beads... kinda like those beads of RainX over the windshield. There's a specific term for this.. the degree of hydro...something but I forgot :D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Tag ulan ngayon, I noticed may beading din ung mga tsikot ko. irregular shape nga lang.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Sir Umi, any tips for taking good care of your car during this la nina season? I wash my car and then ulan na naman mamaya, wash ulit and then it rained again. Hindi ko ma avoid ang rain kasi ginagamit ko palagi ang car.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Tag ulan ngayon, I noticed may beading din ung mga tsikot ko. irregular shape nga lang.
    Beading is called beading because water forms into a beads. So dapat spherical un.. if it's irregular, that's not beading any more

*Retz
    That's life pare.. if it has wax on it, you'll notice that water comes off quickly (sleeting properties) so what I do is to park the car inside, hose the car with water, and just dry it. If you'll be using the car again, I would recommend you do not wash between.. hassle lang and a waste of time.

Remember, wala tayo magagawa sa Mother Nature.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Beading is called beading because water forms into a beads. So dapat spherical un.. if it's irregular, that's not beading any more

*Retz
    That's life pare.. if it has wax on it, you'll notice that water comes off quickly (sleeting properties) so what I do is to park the car inside, hose the car with water, and just dry it. If you'll be using the car again, I would recommend you do not wash between.. hassle lang and a waste of time.

Remember, wala tayo magagawa sa Mother Nature.

hehe, hindi na pala beading un. lol. oo nga bro, ang hirap i-maintain pag tag ulan. sayang lang ang effort sa pag linis.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Just note that dirt on the paint can degrade beading - after a wash, beading can look better than before

As for the incessant rains - not much you can do, really. If you have the time to wash properly, then go ahead; but if not, best to leave the car dirty rather than do a less-than-ideal wash. If you have soft water, you can do a water rinse like jhnkvn does; just blot while drying to ensure you're not dragging dirt. In my case, our water is pretty hard, so I've learned (the hard way) that it's better to just leave the car until I can do a proper wash.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    thanks for this tip sir umi.... i think i read somewhere that you need wash your car after a downpour of rain / if there is seen mud on the paint.. and its not good to leave dirt.. (something like that)

i am one of those people that is always jampacked on schedule where its hard to have time to clean after a downpour.. only available time is on the weekends..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by olidotcom View Post
    thanks for this tip sir umi.... i think i read somewhere that you need wash your car after a downpour of rain / if there is seen mud on the paint.. and its not good to leave dirt.. (something like that)

i am one of those people that is always jampacked on schedule where its hard to have time to clean after a downpour.. only available time is on the weekends..
    Yes, if you can get the mud and grim off the paint, better. Just make sure you can leave the rinse water on the paint without drying (if you have soft water), or you can dry without dragging any remaining dust or dirt across your paint (i.e., using multiple towels and blotting instead of dragging your towel). Other than that, you'll just need to trust that your LSP is doing its work in limiting environmental damage to the car - fortunately, you have one of the best LSPs in that regard

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I'm back home! Kailan na next EB? Para makuha ko na Klasse twins ko kay sir Ed.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikselog View Post
    I'm back home! Kailan na next EB? Para makuha ko na Klasse twins ko kay sir Ed.
    I believe meronng EB sa Dojo on December 18 sir. Welcome back!