New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 155 of 254 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 2535
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Salamat sir jhnkvn sa sagot,,

Kapag bumili na ako ng maayos na mitt and chamois, worth it ba na bilhin na din yung full 4 steps ng microtex? (NANO fil-sil-glos-sliq) or glos and sliq lang? thanks. Nga pala hindi naman ako nag aaim na showcar ang look, para lang mukang inalagaan hehe.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Not really. Some aren't classified as wax or sealants anymore.. and you can say they're more high-tech. For example, Optimum's Optiguard/Opticoat is like adding a few layers of clearcoat. Antrick's HD program, on the otherhand, uses 3D's HD Nitro as their product (I believe) and it gives comparable performance to Optimum's Opticoat -- just a different method in tackling the problem of durability. Madami dami din sa market such as ceramic coating, etc.

Personally, I'm not a fan of detailer X's paint protection products. I'm a fan of paint protection programs though.
    Thanks to this info. Obvious that i am not updated with these newer technology. Opti Coat solution is interesting as it is an extra layer of Ceramic Clear Coat. Is this available locally?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    funny now Carpro has a similar policy for Finest as Optimum's Opticoat. only available to select detailers. their coatings were relatively available then, prompting others to pump out their toned-down user friendly coatings.

this current policy makes a product, then consequently the Brand, unpopular to detailing enthusiasts.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Our Antricks HD Armour is not just a sealant and it definitely last for AT LEAST 2 years. It is categorized in the detailing world as "coatings", which is the latest (not so new already) innovation in the industry, with a lot of car care companies having their different versions. We carry different brands, from ultra highend to upper midlevel including 3D, but this particular product is not. It's the best ceramic coating in industry so tough that we give a full 2year warranty and packaged with 2 polishing sessions to even out the scratches and swirls to restore your high definition depth and gloss NOT recoat. it's that tough.. We use the highest grade branded stuff in the detailing industry with no compromise in all our products be it coatings, sealants, wax, polishes, cleaners, coating removers etc.. we don't create our own from scratch. we enhance our procedures and customizes applications to make it standout. try us!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    PM me na lang meron pa ko Optimum Opticoat. Did not push through project ko since I have no time for full detailing prior to opticoat application. Mas gusto ko din traditional paste wax.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Sir just got my newly washover changed color advie (From Silver to black). Ask ko lang advises if what is the next move for maintaining glossy blach finish, and when ko puede ipa carwash na? I read somewhere na di puede ibuff or iwax always kasi the clear shiny coat daw eh ninipis. TIA

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Carwash and paint detailing will be obsolete soon.

The car maker is experimenting with a special super-hydrophobic paint called Ultra-Ever Dry that it's billing as "self-cleaning" for cars. It has been specially engineered to be extremely water- and oil-resistant by UltraTech International.

"By creating a protective layer of air between the paint and environment, it effectively stops standing water and road spray from creating dirty marks on the car's surface," the car maker said in a statement.

The company says the paint, which is currently being tested on the Nissan Note, has "responded well" to normal weather conditions, including sleet, frost, snow and standing water. Nissan said its engineers will continue testing the paint over the next few months at Nissan's Technical Center in Europe.

Nissan added that is has no current plans to offer the paint as a standard feature, but that it is considering eventually offering it as an aftermarket product.
    The End of the Car Wash? Nissan Develops 'Self-Cleaning' Vehicle

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Paano mga windows? Lalo na pag nadikitan nung mga badjao na namamalimos tapos merong residue ng sipon pagkatapos idikit yung mukha nila sa mga salamin? He,he.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by povillo View Post
    Sir just got my newly washover changed color advie (From Silver to black). Ask ko lang advises if what is the next move for maintaining glossy blach finish, and when ko puede ipa carwash na? I read somewhere na di puede ibuff or iwax always kasi the clear shiny coat daw eh ninipis. TIA
    try to maintained na naka-wax or sealant after washing para protected ang paint. pwede naman pa carwash as often as you like but kung di naman sobrang madumi then no need palaging huhugasan. be wary na during washing at drying, di maiiwasan magka-swirls at light scratches. lalo kung sa mga carwash shops ka sa kanto magpapahugas na bara-bara magpunas at walang maayos na gamit. you do buffing/polishing only kapag wala ng kislap, panay swirls/gasgas at contaminated na yung paint. ang wax naman, you apply it on top of your paint to serve as a barrier sa mga contaminants so hindi ninipis clear coat mo, protected pa nga ang paint.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Carwash and paint detailing will be obsolete soon.

The End of the Car Wash? Nissan Develops 'Self-Cleaning' Vehicle
    The problem with these is pretty much the durability. You can make it last for months.. but years? Hardly. Plus, they're also hazardous.

I first came into contact with Neverwet even before it was being extensively Youtube shared. Ordered a pair when Rustoleum managed to snag the contact for distribution in the US and Canada.

I will point out that NeverWet is an R&D company. When I applied under their industrial use application, it was Ultratech International who contacted me via email which eventually escalated into a possible distribution network in the Philippines.

Problem is.. it's still expensive and the application isn't easy as it sounds. Very good applications included spraying the roofings of real estate projects, water-proofing those cement trucks, etc. dami... but the main problem is durability and price. It isn't feasible yet unless they managed to either lower down the cost or increase the durability.

For our industrial use, I created a water-proof shirt. Problem is due to how the polymers binded with the cotton, the texture of the shirt was pretty much as if somebody dipped it in Elmer's Glue and then let it dry.

When the products arrived at my doorstep.. I was giddy on the possibilities but the initial enthusiasm eventually faded. Truthfully, there's really very limited practical application.
    Last edited by jhnkvn; April 26th, 2014 at 09:13 PM.