ok just to give everyone a teaser on what products i am currently collecting and also just to give everyone thats interested in 915 an idea on how well it fares with some of the best waxes in the world
These two threads are what basically gave me the idea to make my own top 10 wax and top 10 sealants and top 10 wax and sealants, i am still currently in the process of buying some of them since some are really really expensive, only item im lacking is Zymol Royale and Swissvax Crystal Rock which are both ridiculously expensive, we might help a friend enter Manila Auto Saloon and we might use Swissvax Best of Show/Concorso, really excited with that
also if you check the links on day 1 to day 4 on the first link, thats also what inspired my BF to put up detailing seminars and EB, these guys are just weekend hobbyist and some professionals seeking nothing but perfection, we're hoping to get more people into detailing and get to know people with the same passion and hopefully someday get a detail session and get to inspire more people, maybe dedicate one day to detail a whole car and just sit back after and relax with a cold beer, although i don't drink i know your guys would love that
@RICO: these waxes are basically the closest to what i think you are asking for in terms of water just rolling off, but take note it required 3 layers
@everyone: pls do not think that buying these waxes would give you these results, take note that shine and gloss is 90% preparation and waxes and sealants just help you reach that remaining 10%, meaning 90% of the gloss comes from preparing the paint, claying, polishing, finishing and glazing, we've personally done a car in a province using all but OTC products and still managed to get a show car worthy result this was because we left our detailing kits on the other car when we went to subic that time.
So basically if you get Collinite 915, its basically already at par with waxes that are 10 times more expensive, although some of these waxes win over collinite in terms of looks, the difference it very minimal and even hard to tell, so no need to go out and bust your wallet for world class high end waxes unless you're a self admitted wax junkie like me, so there, i've been a bit hesitant on sharing that link since i know most of them are not available here so its kinda pointless, i guess my point really is that there are a lot of alternatives to these waxes, i've come up with my own top10 wax and top 10 sealants and surprisingly some of them are within the price range of 915 as well, im also not saying that buying high end waxes are pointless as well there are some people that would pay higher amounts of money even for that small advantage because if it really is pointless i wounldn't even bother investing on more expensive waxes, there really is a difference between them but it takes a expert to tell the difference but most people don't really care that much about it and for them higher end waxes isn't really suited for them
i hope this gives people who are thinking about getting 915 a peace of mind that they are indeed getting one of the best waxes out there
Last edited by madkatz; 11-13-2010 at 03:21 PM.
speaking of aerodynamics we've driven over to bataan one time and it suddenly rained pretty hard for like 15 minutes, and we were traveling at around 120kph at SCTEX you could see the beads really fly off, when we got to subic of all 4 cars in our group only our car didn't even look like it went through a harsh rain, there wasn't even any water spots left except for those ner the crevices, there was also one time when we parked at antipolo near the famous jacuzzi place and it rained quite hard, but after the rain the wind was really blowing and you could see that only the rear end had waterspots since it was the only part that wasn't affected by the wind
+1 sa paint prep! Pag properly cleaned and polish ang paint kahit OTC wax lang will yield great results.
Lupit pala ng 915. Sa experience ko naman mas longer lasting ang shine ng Z2 with ZFX vs 915. Mga 2 weeks lang and 2 carwashes nawawala na shine ng 915 but water sheeting is still there.
| Tsikot Car Finder Latest Car Accessories Listings |
Thousands of Tsikoteers see these ads everyday. Get better results with your car ads. Post your cars for sale at Tsikot Car Finder now!